Hho Silverado Mod

Hi All,

The purpose of this thread is to get everyone possible involved in my current project. A little background info before I begin into the heart of this project. I am an A&P (Airframe & Powerplant) (Aircraft Mechanic) holder currently working for American Airlines. Since the recent spike in gasoline prices, I have heard and seen many HHO (Brown Gas, Hydrogen, Water4Gas) conversions. Only one has really caught my eye as being worthy. The "Smacks Booster", myself along with a few other people have taken this simple plan and added many mods to it since its original design. We have also decided to add many electronics due to the complexity of today's automobiles. What we hope to end up with is a easily installed, easily maintained, cost effective, yet efficient unit to market to the general public. We have done and are continuing to do many tests and modifications to this design.

Now to get to the project. I have a 2003 Chevy Silverado. 5.3Lr LS Extended Cab, Short Bed. 120000 miles basically stock except for an aftermarket CD Player (Fujitsu Ten (Eclipse) CD7000).

I am currently in the initial stages with only a ScanGaugeII unit attached to my truck so that I can gather as much initial data as humanly/mechanicaly possible. If anyone has any paramaters they would like to see feel free to chat in.

Once these initial parameters have been established I will add the HHO unit (which i will give more details about later) and the EFIE altering device (to allow me to adjust the fuel/air mixture on the go).

I will then record the same paramaters using the ScanGaugeII and any other devices that come into play during the process.

I will then leave it up to this community to decide on any other alterations to the design or for an overall "Pass" or "Fail" on this Entire Project.

I want as many people involved in this as humanly possible and no comment/email will be over looked for possible alterations in the experimentation/design/testing.

I look forward to working with you guys and I can't wait to begin.

I'm excited to see, or not see, the results. One of our members claims to have seen 30% better MPG with nothing more than a very simple device, no altering of the FA ratios or anything else, just simply plug-and-play. I'm glad to see we may get some empirical data for a change.

EDIT: Good luck and welcome to the site!

That is exactly what I am hoping to do. Not a single person I have come across can give me good results or bad results. Everyone I have come across has just half a$$ed this project.

I want to do it right and give everyone the results or failure that they have been looking for.

That is why I am using every bit of info that is out there now and doing it to the best of my ability with numbers to back it up or push it in to the ground.

I hope to get to the bottom of this once and for all.

But until then I dont want any posts about how stupid this is or how other people have proven this to give 300% increases.

I want numbers and I will provide numbers and hard evidence on whether or not this works.

Thanks Guys, I hope I can provide everyone with the information that they want to see, if you dont see it then just let me know and I will try to get it for you.

Man, that's really stupid!..... oops. :dunno:

Oh and I have a special Hydrogen Unit for you my friend.....it may void your warranty....it may also require that you not return to your truck for 40+ years, depending on the half-life of hydrogen.

But until then I dont want any posts about how stupid this is or how other people have proven this to give 300% increases.

Until you learn how to defeat the laws of physics, that's all you'll get around here from anyone not named Riggs.

I want numbers and I will provide numbers and hard evidence on whether or not this works.

All the numbers and proofs you need are available in 2nd period Physics 101 at any local high school.

If you have something conclusive, and quantifiable, we are all for it.

We are a tough crowd, but we grow on ya :dunno:

HAHA, well I can definately see that. Well i hope to either bust this thing wide open or prove it wrong. I hope it works, i really do, but if not then i want to have some good proof to back it up.

Thats why i want to get as many numbers and hard facts as possible. There will also be lots of videos and pictures.

So no shortage of info for you guys.

And just remember... "Only YOU can prevent forest fires and Nuclear Fallout!!!"

Until you learn how to defeat the laws of physics, that's all you'll get around here from anyone not named Riggs.

All the numbers and proofs you need are available in 2nd period Physics 101 at any local high school.

:dunno::D:D

Oh and I have a special Hydrogen Unit for you my friend.....it may void your warranty....it may also require that you not return to your truck for 40+ years, depending on the half-life of hydrogen.

HAHA! Count me in if it won't scratch my paint.

HAHA! Count me in if it won't scratch my paint.

Only at the moleculare level, haha.

If you have something conclusive, and quantifiable, we are all for it.

We are a tough crowd, but we grow on ya :D

HAHA, well I can definately see that. Well i hope to either bust this thing wide open or prove it wrong. I hope it works, i really do, but if not then i want to have some good proof to back it up.

Thats why i want to get as many numbers and hard facts as possible. There will also be lots of videos and pictures.

So no shortage of info for you guys.

And just remember... "Only YOU can prevent forest fires and Nuclear Fallout!!!"

While I think this whole "HHO" thing is a bunch of BS, I look forward to the results, since it seems like you have an un-biased opinion towards the whole thing. Good luck, and keep us posted. :dunno:

Archived