Mpgs In -25c Weather

If you let your truck warm up at all, you are burning gas so of course you will loose MPG's.

:lol:

'Winter Gas' will also contribute to less mpg.

:D

+1

+1

Due to both, lost ~3mpg.

Factors include remote start to wam up about 10 minutes, AWD kicking more due to snow covered roads, fluids (trans, axel, etc) thick due to sitting in the cold all day at work, and winter gas.

After my recent road trip home from Bemidji to Lakeville, MN i went about 300 miles on 21 gallons of gas i didn't fill up right before i left or right when i got home. That is a significant decrease compared to when its warm out. The trip ended up being about 14.5 mpg w/ city driving and really cold weather. My usual trip is 250 mi so there was an extra 50 mi of city on there. Often times a comparable trip would result in about 17-17.5 mpg considering i was going 10-15 mph over posted. The best i would get on that trip when I'm light on the gas and have nice weather is about 19.5. I would say overall I'm getting 3 mpg worse then usual as well. :thumbs:

btw trip speeds ranged from cruise set at 65-80 mph and one stop for a 10 min foot long subway craving :lol:

• 1 month later...

will i see -25c but mostly around -35 to -58 in winter and i have see mine down to 8mpg and yes i reset it! that was the coldest day off the year -58 i had to drive 100km to work and couldn't do 60mph because your power streeing will frezze and you won't be able to turn, your tires are square frozen like a rock and you psi drops in you tires down to 21psi form 35psi now that is cold!!!! that is why i bought a gmc!!!!! still runs no matter what hahah

i am from northern canada

• 4 weeks later...
will i see -25c but mostly around -35 to -58 in winter and i have see mine down to 8mpg and yes i reset it! that was the coldest day off the year -58 i had to drive 100km to work and couldn't do 60mph because your power streeing will frezze and you won't be able to turn, your tires are square frozen like a rock and you psi drops in you tires down to 21psi form 35psi now that is cold!!!! that is why i bought a gmc!!!!! still runs no matter what hahah

i am from northern canada

That's crazy, haha.

Archived