Reading Vin Number

FWIW, the first digit in the VIN (3) means the truck was made in Mexico :crackup:

Yeah, I couldn't believe that my truck was assembled in Mexico. This is my first GM product of any kind after owning 4 Ford Rangers. If I had known it was assembled in Mexico, I would have probably stuck with Fords.

As I recall, paint code is a U in the RPO, but I could be mistaken there.

Your VIN says...

3 - Mexican (plant "G" in Silao, Mexico)

GT - GMC Light Truck

E - 6001 - 7000 GVWR

K1 - Fullsize truck, 4x4

4 - 2 door cab

T - LM7 (5.3L non-flex fuel)

7 - Check Digit (validates VIN)

6 - 2006

G - Silao, Mexico

129190 - Unique Identifier

FWIW, the first digit in the VIN (3) means the truck was made in Mexico :D

Yeah, I couldn't believe that my truck was assembled in Mexico. This is my first GM product of any kind after owning 4 Ford Rangers. If I had known it was assembled in Mexico, I would have probably stuck with Fords.

Why? My truck was assembled in Mexico and the build quality is awesome. I have zero paint issues (seem to be common in Oshawa trucks?), zero interior issues (no rattles, loose trim, etc).

I did have a few component issues (oil leak, AC compressor) but those are not related to the assembly plant.

FWIW, the first digit in the VIN (3) means the truck was made in Mexico :D

Why? My truck was assembled in Mexico and the build quality is awesome. I have zero paint issues (seem to be common in Oshawa trucks?), zero interior issues (no rattles, loose trim, etc).

I did have a few component issues (oil leak, AC compressor) but those are not related to the assembly plant.

Ya I wouldn't worry about it being built in Mexico. I had a 03 dodge cummins that was built there it was fine.My new truck was built in Indiana I am more afraid of what kind Hoosier put it together. You never know what kind of people come form Indiana. Hell I better go check and make sure all the emblems are on it. :cheers::lol::D

Which code in the glove box indicates paint color? My paint is pretty much the same as DofD's Tahoe pictured.

The numbers on the bottom of the sticker in the glove box. The code is just to the right of the BC/CC.

Archived