The Winston

Guest Friz

I wasn't home last night until 10:50 so I taped the race.  Well to my surprise they were in segmant one.   Not knowing what was going on I just waited and watched.  Well I found out about the rain and the wreck.  I can sum the up by saying, "Gordon is the Man!"  And i'm sure that General has another reason to hate him because Gordon thanked God first.

Guest Friz

That was an interesting race to say the least.

I'm glad NASCAR let them pull the backup cars out and run them. I would have liked to see Jarret win, but it was a great day.

How about Johnny Benson in the Open? That man really needs to win, and I think he's close.

Todd Bodine showed the way in the Sprint, and although I don't care for any of the Bodines, I think Todd has more talent than the other two combined.

(Edited by Friz at 10:41 am on May 20, 2001)

"Gordon is the Man!"

What?  His crew doesn't deserve any credit?  I don't care how good of a driver you think JG is, he wouldn't of even had a chance had his whole team not worked their butts off to get that backup car ready.  They deserve alot more credit then the driver for that win if you ask me.

We had a good time at the race last night, my son really liked it.  We got there about 10:30 am and stayed until it was all over.  Got home at 5:00 am.  As always, it was lots of fun being at the track, (I love that smell of everyone cooking out and the smell of the cars on the track.) but as an Earnhardt fan, it just didn't seem the same.  Gordon had a good back up car though.  As far as the first lap wreck, NASCAR probably shouldn't have started it.  It was raining a little bit, not hard, but enough that some people had rain gear on.    

The race was good. Even though "HE" won.

I'm going to start liking him if he does more donuts like that. :biggrin:

But like I said in the other Winston thread just a few mins. ago, I'M GONNA START LAUGHING MY (you know what) OFF IF NASCAR FINDS SOMETHING ILLEGAL ON THAT CAR.

BTW, I'll also go along with KK on this one, The crews did just as much (if not more) than the drivers did. (especially the ones in that crash), They oughtta do those crew introductions more often.

They should do more of that stuff for the crews General.  I don't think alot of people truely understand how much work those guys do.  Last night really displayed that, even if me and you are the only ones who noticed.

I was wondering about your son last night Tom.  I figured that would have been a really long day for him, but I'm glad to hear he enjoyed it.   :)

I do agree that the crew did a heck of a job.  I may not have said anything in my post but yes the crew is awesome.  Gordon does have to drive the car though.  Find that special  line, when to get in and out of the gas.  You can have the best crew and the worst driver and that makes a bad combo.  Gordon and the crew work good together.  I always give the guy credit that helps me work on my car.  But when it comes to pulling up to the line, it's all me.   Sorry General I couldn't resist.

Archived