Acorn Damage

Unbelievable.... My truck was parked close to a oak which is dropping acorns. Never had problems before but its like a rock fell from the sky. Seems like the sheet metal is much thinner than my 2001 Silverado. Left a nickel size ding in the center of the hood. Im sure it happened in the driveway just had washed the truck....

Lesson: Dont park under oak trees.

I would not doubt it....... I saw a GMT-900 in 2007 have a pallet pushed forward in a long wheel base 2500hd..... Wrinkled the bed. And it was not near the load capacity for the bed...... This is a task that is done quite often.... You pick up the back end of the pallet and push forward.... No problem in the GMT-800's......

I park under oak trees quite frequently.... My GMT-800 has no dents from falling objects.

Jbo

Unbelievable.... My truck was parked close to a oak which is dropping acorns. Never had problems before but its like a rock fell from the sky. Seems like the sheet metal is much thinner than my 2001 Silverado. Left a nickel size ding in the center of the hood. Im sure it happened in the driveway just had washed the truck....

Betcha a good paintless dent repair guy can make it like new. Might cost a couple hundred.

Betcha a good paintless dent repair guy can make it like new. Might cost a couple hundred.

I had about 30 hail dents removed out of the hood of my 2001. Cost me $250. A single dent should cost $40 tops.

I had about 30 hail dents removed out of the hood of my 2001. Cost me $250. A single dent should cost $40 tops.

Depends what company. Buddy of mine does that for one of the larger companies. They charge a LOT per dent.

I park my truck under a crab apple tree. I've been waiting for those stupid things to dent it so I can cut it down :-D

Yes, the hoods do dent on the GMT 900s from closing them with your hands on the front of the hoods. I see it at work every day. Liftgates on the SUV's too. My solution (works for me) is to grab the hood latch with my pinky finger and pull it down hard enough that it will shut all the way, but not slam it. Fingers/hands never touch the tin foil to dent it :drool:

I have dents all over my roof and hood from acorns. I have 2 trees over my driveway and the squirrels are up there all day throwing them at my baby.

better get out that 12 gauge. can i see some pictures of this i am having trouble believing an ACORN will dent a hood....

I have dents all over my roof and hood from acorns. I have 2 trees over my driveway and the squirrels are up there all day throwing them at my baby.

better get out that 12 gauge. can i see some pictures of this i am having trouble believing an ACORN will dent a hood....

Don't have pics of any acorns, but if you pm me or email me your email address, I can send some pics of dents on hoods from shutting them. Just took 2 of 2 different GMT900 Escalades on my cell for ya :-P my cell takes them at 1.15mb..won't upload directly lol

believe it. i will try and get some pics lunchtime. i would not go as far to call them dents...just dings and alot of them.

go to the grocery store and buy some dry ice. take a pair of pliers nd hold the dry ice. put a washcloth over the dent then place the ice close to the dent/barely touching the washcloth. the dent will pop out.

or

go to as seen on tv store, but the painteles dent remover

or

go to lowes/ home depot and buy the mini suctioncup that's ment for holding glass, place in dent then pop it out.

the dry ice has worked great for hail damage on several of my vehicles.

Archived