Advent OGM-1 install tips - need owner feedback
Posted 13 April 2012 - 05:06 AM
Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:47 AM
- drpepper0923 likes this
Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:01 AM
Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:53 PM
Thanks MikeNH my chime volume is now set at a level for those of us who have been around too many jet engines.
Watt, I agree that "key in ignition" may present a challenge but the factory radio did it. However, the factory radio may have done it using hardware. From looking at the schematic, I believe 12 volts is still present at the radio after RAP is gone. So maybe they can use that somehow. Thanks for inquiring. For the most part, I really like the radio but there are a few tweaks I would like to see. Is there someplace where we can list those so that the manufacture will get them?
Factory radio has 12 volts at all time to keep the clock correct. Would not surprise me if GM uses that feed to also power the hardunit when it is shut off, making the chimes work.
Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:28 PM
rear seat controls:
1) when rear seat controls powered on, I loose all sound in the main system speakers. I only have sound in the rear seat control head phones. As soon as I power off the rear seat controls, sound returns to the system. I can still switch sources in the head unit, and everything visually works, but no sound as long as the rear is powered up.
2) On the rear seat controls source button, I can only switch sources between the FM and DISC. It wont switch to xm, am, or usb/ ipod. I was under the impression that it would switch between all sources (like the OEM unit), but would have no channel control on xm.
I am guessing this is some sort of CAN code problem, but I'm curious if anyone else is having this issue.
My set up:
2011 GMC Acadia SLT
It's OEM set up was the non NAV CD player w/ USB, rear seat controls (no OEM rear dvd), but ive since added a rear over head monitor.
Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:50 PM
Ditto on Walt's list as well as aligning the radio slightly to the left for proper trim fitment.
THIS UNIT IS AMAZING, VERY PLUG AND PLAY with LOTS OF VERSATILITY AND FEATURES, Here are some INSTALL Notes AND a few kinks to be addressed...
-Running all the wires through the same opening as the climate controls allows the unit to sit easily flush.
-Removing the trim is a REAL pain, but once removed, I suggest crimping them down a bit with a plier, this will allow easier future removal for any changes or mods & still be plenty snug!
-For those without factory bluetooth, opening the sealed grille/vent in the PS of overhead console works as a nice hidden factory like mic mounting point.
-The wire can run as Walt has described in the install videos or just as easily without removing the weatherstripping or glove box along the headliner and inside the A-pillar along the windshield and under the same trim as the gps antenna.
-for extra cameras you can even add a $50-$200 multiplexer or switcher and have up to 4 camera angles on one screen or alternate views. If you want to get really creative tap into the turn signals to activate different cameras for blind spots and so on. - side cams can mount nice and clean under the side view mirror with 3M. - (have yet to try to find a solid live line for turn signal activation, perhaps at relay)
-The splash screens are super easy to make and add using the following link for software: http://www.flyaudio....English Ver.rar
and the following link for instructions: http://www.flyaudio.net/download/LOGO%20DIY.pdf
-For those looking to output the ipod to the rear monitors consider tapping the rca or 3.5mm with a splitter and keeping the jlink plugged in for ipod control.
- For fun throw in a WDTV and PS2 with wireless controllers
-NOTES & KINKS: This unit is VERY close to OEM, BUT: (for those as particular as I am)
1. the chimes sound different, the reverse sensors work nice on screen but are much higher pitch & more abnoxious,
2. the turn signals even when adjusted in the DIC and setup for Bose are still loud and louder than the chime levels which from factory are the opposite
3. the chimes are also not as `smooth` as they often skip or bounce a bit
4. it would be great to output the jlink to the rears without re-wiring or splitting
5. fuel gauge chime may not function
6. IMPORTANT - the delayed door lock chime does NOT function, you may easily lock yourself out if you did not know you hit the button!
7. *in OEM the 10 minute or so RAP (retained accessory power) normally cuts off ONLY when the DRIVER Door is opened, the OGM will shutdown when ANY door is opened!*
8. the navigation takes time to load on every trip and is quite slow in address input, it also requires *acceptance* every time you run the vehicle
9. the device is general slower than OEM including but not limited to activation of the RSE (rear seat entertainment) audio controls which create a pause in audio function when activated on or off
10. the usual issues regarding key-in-ignition chime and other quirks mentioned on this site before...
11. Let`s see some Voice Entry Command Navigation for destination and other functions! - address input is SO slow
12. STILL A GREAT PRODUCT and with product support as it is right now, these and other issues will continue to be resolved.
We also noticed a change to the night mode - with the OGM-1 it seems to activate even with only the DRL`s once the Fog lamps are turned on
The volume down during reversing is a nice touch! ;)
When using XM and then operating ON Star (which comes from DS only now) and the call is ended, the XM audio may not come back without power cycle.
Edited by pitom, 21 March 2013 - 03:49 PM.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users