bilstein 5100 adjustables and 18"xd monsters

I'm looking to level out my 2011 4x4 silverado with the bilstein 5100 adjustables which will provide a 1.75" lift. i also want to get the XD 18x9" monsters an offset of +18 but unsure of the tire size bc i would like to get to close to running 33" tires. Has anyone run this application before? I just dont want invest all this money and have them rub.

285/65/18, 305/60/18, or 275/70/18 are the three most common sizes...if you're wanting to go as big as possible. Tons of guys have ran those sizes with stock rims and a 2" level without any problems. With your new rims...and only having 1.75" of lift, you may need to trim just a little plastic to fit those sizes I mentioned...but nothing major. If you're absolutely opposed to trimming....and want to play it safe...then a 275/65/18 would work just fine.

Awesome thanks guys.

285 65 18 in a nitto terra grappler which is 32.5 will not rub, if you go to a true 33 like a 295 65 18 you will get rubbing in reverse that can be fixed by trimming plastic not metal.

Could please explain how it will rub in reverse? How would it be any different than going forward?

285 65 18 in a nitto terra grappler which is 32.5 will not rub, if you go to a true 33 like a 295 65 18 you will get rubbing in reverse that can be fixed by trimming plastic not metal.

Could please explain how it will rub in reverse? How would it be any different than going forward?

For some reason, the wheel alignment changes when turning in reverse. That's the only time mine ever rub...when turning sharp while backing up. Can't really explain why....maybe someone more educated than myself will... :dunno:

i was looking to getting the Nitto Trail 285/65 which is 32.83 in height and 11.93 in width. You had mentioned that the Nitto Terra 285/65 which is 32.52 in height and 11.22 in width will fit and not rub just fine. My question is that will the Trail being slightly bigger in width and height, will that difference cause any problems? Info is pulled off Nitto's website.

that will rub in reverse, you will have to trim some of the plastic inner fender, trail graps are also quite heavy tires, about 10lbs on average more than comparable e range tires which adds to reduced performance, increased braking and more mpg loss

hmm very interesting...guess i will have to upgrade my brakes too :)

when i do trim the plastic inner fender, will that be something i can notice on where to trim while in park? just having trouble trying to picture where i should trim

Archived