2015 YUKON NOISE IN CABIN

Went to the dealership this morning. They put the tires on it and told me the noise was taken care of except for maybe a rear end noise that they have already ordered parts for. I don't think there is anything wrong with the rear end let alone it solving the pressure problems. So anyways I drive it with the tires on it and guess what it still does it. Surprise surprise. Talked to the gm again and he supposed to drive it with the owner of the dealership. The GM service rep just happened to be there today as well. The service manager told her what was going on with the Tahoe. She told me she would be following up on the case. Seriously considering looking into a attorney and starting the lemon law process.

Simply PATHETIC for a corporation the size of GM to provide this type of substandard service. This issue needs to be speared and GM keeps throwing darts at it. The problem, sheetmetal separation. GM’s fix; changing tires, driveshafts, removed top liners, changing 22’ wheels and whatever else.

subedriver, GM told you if you gave them around 60K, they had the perfect vehicle for you. And if it’s not perfect, they’ll fix it for you. Well, GM spent your 60K, the vehicle is broken, and now they can’t fix it. LAWYER-UP man.

BTW, For the folks that can’t figure out the rattling sounds in the back, don’t assume it’s the seatbeat, your vehicle may be on the front end of a bigger issue. Pay attention, with any inconsistency in a road, especially a bump or dip, sheet metal that’s not connected will rattle or knock.

Finally turned my Yukon XL back in today. Simple process, turning it in, not the whole debacle I had to go through to get to this point. The owner of the dealership handled the paper work. He checked the car out for damage, took the two key fobs, shook hands and gave me a check from GM. I received the down payment and then a single payment back. I asked for the other payments but they said no go. I would have held out or did the lemon law had it not been for the pounding headaches that my wife and myself have encountered each time we ride in the car. As I said before, best car ever. But I am not making the headaches up. It was legitalmatly effecting me. I'm in sales and drive a lot. This is a health concern. I hope to buy a 2016 if it's fixed, but GM needs to fix this problem ASAP. Long term, it could really become an issue for someone who spends hours at a time in the vehicle. We took it to a Bengals game, and everyone of the six passengers commented on how nice the car was, but that we would never be taking it on a road trip again. I'm not crazy if everyone who rides in the car complains. Has anyone had any of the same noise issues out of the new Escalades? Just curious.

• Like 1

This is such a pity... We just picked up our custom ordered 2015 Yukon SLT over the weekend (built early Aug 2014).. YUP, we are getting the pressure in our ears as we ride.. It isn't terrible, but it's uncomfortable. ABSOLUTELY ridiculous we are having this issue... The vehicle is awesome.. Ride and built quality seem very solid.. just the annoying pressure...

Has anyone had the bulletin fix done and it work?? #PIT5318 Doc 3975780? Has this fixed the pressure issue?

This is such a pity... We just picked up our custom ordered 2015 Yukon SLT over the weekend (built early Aug 2014).. YUP, we are getting the pressure in our ears as we ride.. It isn't terrible, but it's uncomfortable. ABSOLUTELY ridiculous we are having this issue... The vehicle is awesome.. Ride and built quality seem very solid.. just the annoying pressure...

Has anyone had the bulletin fix done and it work?? #PIT5318 Doc 3975780? Has this fixed the pressure issue?

Hi 20Sierra14,

We recognize how disappointing this must be for you to have this concern with your new Yukon. Have you contacted the dealership already? Please let us know if we can offer any additional assistance toward getting this resolved!

Andraya

GM Customer Care

Hi 20Sierra14,

We recognize how disappointing this must be for you to have this concern with your new Yukon. Have you contacted the dealership already? Please let us know if we can offer any additional assistance toward getting this resolved!

Andraya

GM Customer Care

Andraya,

Thank you for your offer. We've just hit 200 miles on the Yukon and it'll be going in tomorrow for a part install (our custom purchase) and I'll have them check out the pressure. I'll reference the ID numbers I found off the net. The wife is less than thrilled to have her entire (brand new) roof liner pulled out to have this "fix" done.

My question really is, does this actually FIX the issue? We are hoping this it isn't just the start of multiple trips and days in and out of the shop.

I haven't seen anyone post on the completion bulletin as of yet, so it has me a little concerned about the success of it.

-Evan

• Like 1

Hi 20Sierra14,

Andraya

GM Customer Care

Hi Andraya

I have a 2015 Yukon Denali ordered due to be built next week delivery date mid November. How can I know if this issue will affect my order?? Talked to the service Manager about this and he was unaware of the issue. Provided him with the GM bulletin he seemed surprised with the level of repair needed and GM buying back vehicles.

I am very reluctant to take delivery of this vehicle with out an extensive test drive. Hope the dealer will understand.

Thanks Snuke1e

Hi 20Sierra14,

Andraya

GM Customer Care

Hi Andraya

I have a 2015 Yukon Denali ordered due to be built next week delivery date mid November. How can I know if this issue will affect my order?? Talked to the service Manager about this and he was unaware of the issue. Provided him with the GM bulletin he seemed surprised with the level of repair needed and GM buying back vehicles.

I am very reluctant to take delivery of this vehicle with out an extensive test drive. Hope the dealer will understand.

Thanks Snuke1e

Andraya,

Thank you for your offer. We've just hit 200 miles on the Yukon and it'll be going in tomorrow for a part install (our custom purchase) and I'll have them check out the pressure. I'll reference the ID numbers I found off the net. The wife is less than thrilled to have her entire (brand new) roof liner pulled out to have this "fix" done.

My question really is, does this actually FIX the issue? We are hoping this it isn't just the start of multiple trips and days in and out of the shop.

I haven't seen anyone post on the completion bulletin as of yet, so it has me a little concerned about the success of it.

-Evan

Mine has been in the shop for a month straight come monday. They have no idea how to fix this and just keep throwing stuff at it. My headliner has been in and out probably four times. My advice to you is that you just return the vehicle and unwind your deal with the dealership. Knowing this issue exists and there isn't a good fix for it, I wouldn't buy another one for fear that it would develop it at some point.

Little update -- I took the Yukon by the local dealer today to have it checked out. I had their head service tech ride w/ me for a few miles down the road.. He had the same pressure sensation in his ears as well.. The more I ride in the thing, the worse my head hurts literally hours AFTER I'm out of it. They gave me the details of the service bulletin and pictures... It's intense! Literally taking everything out from the headrest up and using C-clamps to re-attache the roof sheet metal...

I'm now waiting on the Service Manager to get back in touch with me. I'm certainly not wanting to keep a truck w/ 300 miles and have the entire interior ripped out.. and it only "possibly" fix the issue.

Edited by 20Sierra14

20Sierra14,

Thanks for giving an update on your appointment. We understand not wanting to make repeat trips regarding this concern. Keep us posted once you hear back from the service manager. Again, we're happy to contact them on your behalf at any point per your request and assist any way we can.

Subedriver,

We certainly understand the inconvenience of being without your truck for a month and apologize. But it's good to hear the dealership has been actively trying to get this resolved for you. Please keep us updated and send a private message if you want us to reach out for any follow ups. Again, we're very sorry for the ongoing delay.

Sincerely,

Eddie A.

GM Customer Care

GM Customer care

I had posted a concern as to my yukon too be built next week. GM customer care told me they cant get involved till I take delivery and have an issue.

I do have an issue GM has aknowladged they have an issue that means we all have an issue. Delivered or not I am asking for answers before I spend 65k I would think that gambling with that kind of bet might require you (GM) to explain the rules.

1. when was this issue noted by GM (the date) was this reported with in five days to the goverment as required?

2. what was the root cause for the problem?

3. what was the methoid and proceedure accessed to correct the problem and when was this implemented to your assembley line(date)?

4. how many vechiles are involved?

Please answer the questions

Reading the other posts and the GM customer care responces one has to wonder how an agent can make the remark of the dealer is trying hard having customers yukon for a month. Are you kidding me. We need answers not one just posting empty statements. How about some actual answers as to whats going on.

Snuke1e

sunke1e - I am not experiencing this particular issue, but listen to the folks that are. If I was in your situation, my money would still be in the bank collecting interest. Save yourself some heartache and headaches, don't purchase this vehicle until GM has this problem sorted-out. According to 20sierra14 (new truck built in Aug 14), the problem is not fixed.

20sierra14 - what is the 10th alpha character in your VIN? If it is a "F", you have a 2015 model vehicle. If it is a "G", you have a 2016 model. Usually by Aug of a year, the next years vehicles are hitting the street. If that is the case, your vehicle should be a 2016 model. If your response is "F" there is not a fix for your vehicle. If your response is "G", bad news for folks looking to purchase one of these vehicles cause GM did not figure out the problem for the 2016 models.

I know I'm going to sound like a broken record, but I would love to see what would happen if the service department would remove the fuse for the "active noise reduction." I don't even know if it has a fuse, but it would be the fastest way to see if this headache feeling would go away. With two microphones in the vehicle trying to listen for road noise--and then the system actively trying to send out sound waves to "actively" offset/cancel the noise, this buffering sound could be a result of this new noise cancelation system. Worth a try before the service shop starts removing panels off the ceiling or side pillars.

Just trying to offer up ideas before a $65-77k vehicle is torn apart looking for the needle in the haystack. I'm a 2009 Chevy Suburban LTZ owner who was waiting for the new body style. I won't buy until some of these issues get resolved.

OK GM Corporate, here is the fix. 1) Stop sales of your full size SUV before someone gets killed, sheet metal separation is a safety issue. 2) Folks that have already made a purchase and have dealer documentation of the issue, take back your defective vehicle, provide a loaner vehicle, then give the customer a rain check or a refund if they no longer want your product. 3) Or, provide dealers the resources to get GM warrantied work to fix the issue. Dealer fix will entail the purchase of quality sheet metal, welding, sanding, painting, interior carpentry work, and interior detailing. Good luck with this one, that’s just a bucket load of new problems.

Full size SUV owners – this is wishful thinking, but it makes sense. I've been driving a GM vehicle for 45 years, but the way they have bungled this issue will reflect negatively on customer loyalty.

Westandover – your comment has merit if this was a GM initial corrective measure, but at this point in the thread, there is validated sheet metal separation

GM Corporate – your call. In the meantime, respectfully request you muffle your advisor on this thread unless you give them some authority to make decisions. (GM Customer Care, no disrespect intended)