Oil Leak

brentm

I have seen my truck is starting to leak a little oil everynight. It leaks about a drop or two everynight just about. It looks like it is leaking in between the motor and transmission or around my oil filter. Has anybody had a leak here and what did you have to do. Any help would be appreciated.

Think with your Dipstick Jimmy!!!

That being said - try to wipe down the area and clean it up as best you can and then see where the leak starts. If it appears to be related to the filter at all go ahead and change it or try tightening it up abit (don't get crazy) just to make sure it's not leaking from easy fix first.

Assume you have the 6.0? How many miles?

Drive it around for a bit then have a look under the truck and see if oil is splattered on the under chasis. I recently had to replace my oil cooler lines which consist of metal and rubber on the lines themselves. I had a progressive leak occur. The oil cooler lines are very close to where you are describing the leak coming from.

I will check those lines cause the truck is in good condition was not used as a work truck from the guy I bought it from it was a highway truck. So the truck was not ragged out so I figured it had to be something small. Thanks for the help I know what I will be doing this weekend.

If oil is leaking between the engine and transmission, it could also be a rear main seal leak. I had one on a 1995 Nissan pickup and it was getting steadily worse until a small puddle appeared under the truck after each ride. So it was time to get it fixed. Leaking oil also ruined the clutch disc, so it cost me $ 1,200 to fix.

I have seen my truck is starting to leak a little oil everynight. It leaks about a drop or two everynight just about. It looks like it is leaking in between the motor and transmission or around my oil filter. Has anybody had a leak here and what did you have to do. Any help would be appreciated.

It sounds like a very common leak. As the one guy said where the oil cooler lines mount by the oil filter. It leaked on my '95 5.7 small block and now i just noticed it on my '07 6.0. when I had a mechanic check it out on the '95 he said it was "O" rings in the oil cooler block. He said they all leak eventually. If you fix it it could last years or days. I left it leak. The '07 I'm thinking about taking it to the dealer while its under wuarentee and having them fix it but once I have to pay to fix it im leaving it leak. I am a bit disappointed my 07 leaks as it just turned 20,000 miles. The '95 had well over 100,000 by the time i noticed it leak. It never leaked enough to put drips in my driveway. It just looked ugly underneath so every oil change I just wiped everything clean and didnt worry about it.

It sounds like a very common leak. As the one guy said where the oil cooler lines mount by the oil filter. It leaked on my '95 5.7 small block and now i just noticed it on my '07 6.0. when I had a mechanic check it out on the '95 he said it was "O" rings in the oil cooler block. He said they all leak eventually. If you fix it it could last years or days. I left it leak. The '07 I'm thinking about taking it to the dealer while its under wuarentee and having them fix it but once I have to pay to fix it im leaving it leak. I am a bit disappointed my 07 leaks as it just turned 20,000 miles. The '95 had well over 100,000 by the time i noticed it leak. It never leaked enough to put drips in my driveway. It just looked ugly underneath so every oil change I just wiped everything clean and didnt worry about it.

YES sir check the oil lines. my 1990 k2500 has a really bad leak right now at the upper line due to the weak 0-ring inside the tube. the only really sure fix is to run a SS braided line directly off the oil cooler adapter. me personally i am going to just replace the oil cooler and both lines to the braided line and that will be the end of that leak. :thumbs:

a leak is just that, a leak that causes a drip of oil when the vehicle is parked. a leak will produce a puddle of oil on the pavement, and continues to drip while the vehicle is driven. a leak can adversely affect oil levels, and if not checked, can drain enough oil to do internal engine damage.so it''s a problem not to avoid it.

Archived