Looking For An Easy Way To Pop A Dent Out

i had a drunk lightly back into my back left fender, leaving a small dent behind the wheel, how easy is it to pop out? the paints not damaged and its not very noticable so if its not a perfect fix i'll live...i thought of trying to push it out but i noticed a large plastic strip behind it...any ideas?

i had a drunk lightly back into my back left fender, leaving a small dent behind the wheel, how easy is it to pop out? the paints not damaged and its not very noticable so if its not a perfect fix i'll live...i thought of trying to push it out but i noticed a large plastic strip behind it...any ideas?

if your talking about the plastic strip thats behind the rear tire just above the rear rocker panel it comes out, there are 2 bolts i believe. well at least there is on my 06 sierra 4x4, what year is your truck?

Do you have any pictures?

me and my buddy used a hairdryer on his tl once. he backed into a silverado bumper and dented the corner his plastic bumper. it was about the size of a grapefruit. so we looked it up online, took off his back bumper (just a few clips and screws), heated it up with the hairdryer, and when the plastic got soft we popped the dent right out.

herea thread i made on gmi: http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f53/how...dent-diy-85656/

I had a dent in just about the same location you mentioned except it was on my Ford Truck. I massaged the dent out from behind with a hammer...lightly tapping it out...primitive but it came out, I now have auto body tools but yet have a chance to use them.

Another dent I removed on another vehicle and I was amazed it actually worked was I took a small L bracket and used a glue gun to attach it to the center of the dent on the paint, pulled on it to it was totally popped out...I used a hardryer to heat the glue up and it came off.

i attempted he plunger idea, the problem is the dent is hard to get a good seal on to create suction, i'll attempt to get pictures its in the negative here and blowing like a mofo so atm i'm enjoying the warmth

i attempted he plunger idea, the problem is the dent is hard to get a good seal on to create suction, i'll attempt to get pictures its in the negative here and blowing like a mofo so atm i'm enjoying the warmth

It's impossible to even guess on this without a picture or two...

• 11 months later...

Do a search for paintless dent removal. Let a pro do it.

Too funny, I was reading the thread thinking how I had a dent in the same place on my Ford truck and low and behold I come across my own response from a year ago...I totally forgot I posted that response... :lol:

Archived