2007 2500 Hd Trans Issues

This post is out of desperation because GM engineers & mechanics are unable to identify the problem with my truck and are trying to say my 'driving habits' are the problem. It's hogwash. In my defense, I'm 51 and have been using Chevy Trucks to plow for more than 25 years. I am not an abusive vehicle operator, indicated by the fact that my 1978 Chevy 1/2 ton and my 1986 Chevy 3/4 ton still work fine and can outperform this 2007. I've been working with a GM rep. for a repurchase on this LEMON, but am concerned where that is going because of the engineers in Detroit who are denying there is a problem.

I'll try to keep this simple:

Truck: -2007 Silverado HD 2500 work truck, 6.0 gas engine, 6L90 transmission, plow package

History: -purchased new October 2008 in Texas

-driven to Colorado (850 miles)

-property management vehicle for solitary, independent, condo association, 1 driver, low use split between short trips to the lumber yard & limited snow plowing

-11/08 new plow professionally installed

-01/09 check engine light comes on during plowing, accompanied by default to 4th gear and loss of shift indicator line followed by loss of reverse gear.

-13 times to local dealer for same problem, including transmission replacement at 3000 mi 04/09

-total mileage as of January 2010 4400mi.

-error codes:UO 100-Lost communication withECM/PCM

UO 101-Lost communication with TCM

UO 140 Lost communication with Body Control Module

PO 449 ?

PO 700 ?

This is more of a joke than you'd ever believe possible. The short story is that GM is going to send an engineer from Detroit to the mountains of Colorado to monitor my 'driving habits' while I plow snow. They are trying to say that the generic error codes are caused by rapid shifting. If this were true, wouldn't I be able to easily recreate the fault by just rapidly shifting back & forth?

I've been researching the problem this morning and found NHTSA Safety Bulletin SB-09038 is applicable and I'm wondering if that might have something to do with it. Is anyone familiar with the problems that led to this bulletin?

It states: CHEVROLET/GM ENHANCED CALIBRATION FOR TRANSMISSION OVERHEAT IN EXTREME COLD AIR TEMPERATURES. LOCATED IN CERTAIN U.S. COLD WEATHER STATES, (CANADA)... SILVERADO HD... 2006-2008.

I also found a very good description on this site about problems with the GMLAN serial data bus at the 16 way terminal, so I'm off to check that.

Other than that, I'm at a loss for information. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks from a first-time poster.

There' actually sending a person to sit with you while you drive :cool:

Can't help with the issue, but that's crazy. I think I'd follow through with the Lemon since they can't fix it. The truck is suppose to be designed to plow and that would require backing up many times :D

Good grief....

I would have thought that an HD 2500 would last more than 4,400 miles even if you drove the ever loving crap out of it....an old Geo Metro would plow snow for that many miles....yikes!

You sure have our sympathy and best wished for get it re-purchesed under the lemon laws....that's what they are for. It the dealer cannot fix it that are supposed to buy it back....I dunno

G O O D L U C K ! ! ! ! !

Sure hope I have better luck with my 07 HD....ugh!!

Sounds like my 08 HD when the dealer tried to update the programming for the trans tsb (shift points). When the link from GM timed out and went down they tried to drive it and had only 1 forward gear, no reverse, no lights on gear selection, check engine light. Lucky for me the established a link and got the truck back to me. Makes me wonder.

Good Luck with them. Make the "engineer" buy drinks after the test drive. Then make them fix it....

lemon law!!! make them give you a new one thats horse crap..i've seen HDs beat to snot plowing, being put in reverse going 10 mph forward..you name it i saw it and they still worked without error!!

wow,what a POS you have ,good luck,I have no experience with the new 6L trannies ,

is the no reverse a result of the defauft upon the code being tripped) ,(the Allison does the same for a TCC code to get the operaters attn ),comm codes are tricky,

roadtesting with an engineer is retarded,

get a lawyer in your pocket for when the "engineer " tells ya the "finding"

again good luck brother

Tom,

Check PM's. Maybe I can help.

TF

Honestly, I didn't want to take up valuable message board space if I find that the right folks are already involved or if I find that I can't do anything. I just asked him for his VIN so I can talk to a guy I know to see what he knows about it (if anything). Some guys don't want their VIN's all over the net and he might be one of 'em so I figured I'd handle it via PM. Nothin' sneaky going on (exept that I removed my joking comment that was at the beginning of this post).

FWIW, the bulletin he references relates only to the the Allison trans....not the 6L90 in this truck.

Archived