In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Disable Seat Belt Chime Nanny

Ok, detailed instructions here - look under seat, find wire that goes to buckle, you'll see where there wires hook to a harness or something, unplug the wire (electrical connector). Make sure you leave wire where it won't get cause in the seat tracks. Done.

I just cut them, figured I'd have to splice the ends together, but nope, normally closed sensor so when it's open it means you're buckled.

Edited by WesCollins

Seat belts, airbags....what could possibly go wrong!! :nono:

:confused:

I can't believe people are so quick to go messing with the vehicle's safety systems. In this case it's probably not a big deal, but either way I wouldn't recommend it.

Seriously, it's NOT that hard to be safe and wear a seatbelt when in the vehicle. Not only is it illegal not to, it could get you killed if you're in a crash without wearing one.

I really hope your decision to skip wearing the seatbelt isn't based on one of those "my friend would have died in the wreck if he were wearing a seatbelt" stories. As a medic, I can promise you that you're 1,000,000 times better off with it on. I consider myself a great driver.. I always wear mine b/c of all the other horrible drivers out there! Just my $0.02

Hopefully you don't get in a wreck and break your face on steering wheel, shatter your legs because they crash into lower dashboard or get your scalp removed by the sun visor. (seen all those things happen without belts)

I don't think he ever said that he wanted to disable the chime for when he was driving down the highway, maybe he does, but I will be doing the same thing to mine and not for highway use, I always wear my seatbelt when driving on the highway. Its when I'm down on the hunting club or on the farm checking fences that the chime really gets annoying, at least my 03 does not do it, soon my 08 won't either.

I disabled mine by unplugging it, the sensor for the airbag is different.

Taking out my center jump seat in preparation for my full console I found where to unplug the seatbelt chime. Pictures below.

Its the rear most plug.

IMG_3503.jpg

IMG_3506.jpg

IMG_3507.jpg

Ta Da!

the one with the red is the airbag

Oh come on. You don't want to miss out on the opportunity to decompress a chest every few weeks do you? Chest tubes are so fun. Why discourage behavior that helps feed this fun?

Eh, after 9 years it's not really exciting anymore... the less I have to do the better! ha

Oh come on. You don't want to miss out on the opportunity to decompress a chest every few weeks do you? Chest tubes are so fun. Why discourage behavior that helps feed this fun?

Eh, after 9 years it's not really exciting anymore... the less I have to do the better! ha

Same, the less fire calls the better hahaha

And youve definately never seen an person ejected from a car if you dont wear your seatbelt

I hope you guys never plan on driving a classic car, they dont have auto-headlights or seat belt chimes....you actually have to REMEMBER to put your seatbelt on and actually have to turn the knob to turn on your headlights...lmfao

Just because the chime is unplugged, does not mean people arent wearing their seatbelts on the road.