2008 Silverado Bluetooth Pairing

Hi, I just purchased a 2008 Silverado 2500 HD Duramax Diesel yesterday ( :confused: LOVE IT!!) but I can't seem to figure out how to pair it with my cell. I can't find any information in the book that would help me, can any of you??? Thanks!!

Hi, I just purchased a 2008 Silverado 2500 HD Duramax Diesel yesterday ( :) LOVE IT!!) but I can't seem to figure out how to pair it with my cell. I can't find any information in the book that would help me, can any of you??? Thanks!!

Hello and welcome to GMT!!! I am pretty sure anything older than 2009 for the GMT900 series trucks do not have bluetooth capability. Just do a search for Bluetooth on here and you'll find a plethera of information on the subject. Post some pics when you can! :chevy:

Hi, I just purchased a 2008 Silverado 2500 HD Duramax Diesel yesterday ( :seeya: LOVE IT!!) but I can't seem to figure out how to pair it with my cell. I can't find any information in the book that would help me, can any of you??? Thanks!!

Hello and welcome to GMT!!! I am pretty sure anything older than 2009 for the GMT900 series trucks do not have bluetooth capability. Just do a search for Bluetooth on here and you'll find a plethera of information on the subject. Post some pics when you can! :)

thanks for your warm welcoming and advise, i will certainly do just that! i did see that with verizon service you can share your minutes with the onstar feature in the vehicle (i may be stopping by verizon to do just that!). hopefully i will have some good pics to post after this week as i will be towing my toy hauler to the Hammers for a rock crawling event! ( :chevy: EXCITED!!) thanks again!

Welcome to gm-trucks!!

I hate to be the bearer of more bad news, but unless something has recently changed, the option to add the truck as an additional line on a Verizon plan has been discontinued. The only option is to purchase minutes from Onstar...

Welcome to gm-trucks!!

I hate to be the bearer of more bad news, but unless something has recently changed, the option to add the truck as an additional line on a Verizon plan has been discontinued. The only option is to purchase minutes from Onstar...

thank you. what has confused me is that the first time i pressed the voice recognition button on my steering wheel it instructed me to place my device in discovery mode but i didnt have my cell handy, now when i press the button it only mutes or goes into voice command. am i missing something?

Welcome to gm-trucks!!

thank you. what has confused me is that the first time i pressed the voice recognition button on my steering wheel it instructed me to place my device in discovery mode but i didnt have my cell handy, now when i press the button it only mutes or goes into voice command. am i missing something?

Try this...

Push steering wheel phone icon button for 2 seconds and wait for the beep

Say "OnStar"

Wait for OnStar ready

Say "Bluetooth"

Wait for Bluetooth ready

Say "Pair"

Then the system will walk you through the set up just make sure your phone is in Bluetooth on and "discoverable mode" The OnStar system will give you a 4 number Bluetooth sync code to enter on your phone and then walk you through Nametag creation for your phone.

You can google the PDF version of your OnStar/Bluetooth User Manual and download it.

Welcome to gm-trucks!!

Try this...

Push steering wheel phone icon button for 2 seconds and wait for the beep

Say "OnStar"

Wait for OnStar ready

Say "Bluetooth"

Wait for Bluetooth ready

Say "Pair"

Then the system will walk you through the set up just make sure your phone is in Bluetooth on and "discoverable mode" The OnStar system will give you a 4 number Bluetooth sync code to enter on your phone and then walk you through Nametag creation for your phone.

You can google the PDF version of your OnStar/Bluetooth User Manual and download it.

Thanks! I will try that. Leaving this morning for the Hammers and I feel like a kid on Christmas morning!! :uhoh: Thanks again!!

Archived