Rear Axle Ratio

Which ratio should I choose? Truck tows a 3 horse trailer, usually with 2 horses.

3.73 or 4.10?? I have a 4.10 right now. Looking to buy a 2010 with all the deals on right now but they can't fine me one with a 4.10. So do I settle for the 3.73 or go with a 2011??

Which ratio should I choose? Truck tows a 3 horse trailer, usually with 2 horses.

3.73 or 4.10?? I have a 4.10 right now. Looking to buy a 2010 with all the deals on right now but they can't fine me one with a 4.10. So do I settle for the 3.73 or go with a 2011??

3.73 with the 6 speed transmission and you will be fine!

1/2 ton or 3/4 ton truck?

If 1/2 the 3.73 can only be gotten with the MAX trailering package. No 4.10 available.

The 1/2 ton have to meet upcoming fuel economy standards so axle ratios are going up (numerically down). 3.08 is standard, 3.42 optional, 3.73 only with MAX trailering and 4.10 N/A.

If 1/2 the 3.73 can only be gotten with the MAX trailering package. No 4.10 available.

The 1/2 ton have to meet upcoming fuel economy standards so axle ratios are going up (numerically down). 3.08 is standard, 3.42 optional, 3.73 only with MAX trailering and 4.10 N/A.

3/4 ton. I have never had a 3.73, so don't know what the difference, if any, will be. Sometimes I feel like this truck is not pulling very well anyway, so am hesitant to take the chance . . . . .. :)

3/4 ton. I have never had a 3.73, so don't know what the difference, if any, will be. Sometimes I feel like this truck is not pulling very well anyway, so am hesitant to take the chance . . . . .. :)

What do you have for a truck now? So we can tell you how the new one will be in comparison to your current truck. I think for your trailer you will be fine though with 3.73's. My dad has a big livestock trailer and has 4.10's with a 3500 truck. But with the new 6 speed you should be fine. Or are you getting a diesel?

Archived