How To Dyno A Awd Denali On A 2wd Dyno?

Have anyone figured out how to dyno a 2010 Sierra Denali AWD on a 2WD dyno? The Sierra Denali has a wheelbase fo 143" which is too long for a AWD dynojet dyno. My tuner tried to pulls the front drive shaft and all that does is put the truck in "limp home" mode and disables the rear driveshaft. It won't let you go anywhere. I wonder if I could remove the front drive shaft and piggy back off of the rear ABS sensors so the computer is fooled and thinks that the front wheels are turning.

:dunno:

If you unplugged the front sensors, it should still go right? Try unplugging the two front sensors and moving and if that works take out the shaft then.

The truck would probably still put itself in "limp mode" for the sensors being bad. At the very least it would turn on an arse ton of dash lights (ABS, Trac Control sys, Stablitrac, AWD disabled etc).

I may not, it may just turn on a crap load of lights and disable the trac control, stablitrac, and AWD system, but I would think if pulling the front shaft puts it in limp mode, disabling the front speed senors will do the same thing. Can't hurt to try though.

If you unplugged the front sensors, it should still go right? Try unplugging the two front sensors and moving and if that works take out the shaft then.

Ya, I tried it. It just shuts down the truck as soon as you start to roll.

Archived