Cali Lean?

ernster500

Can someone explain to me what the "Cali Lean" is for? Is there a history or even a purpose behind it?

I live in SoCal, and I swear, every truck I see around me that has a lift is lifted WAY higher in the front. It doesn't seem to matter if it is an import or a real truck, but, it seems to me that every guy that has one like that either has his ball cap on backwards, or sideways. Not that there is anything wrong with that!

:P.

I assume they have to have their hat on like that because the truck front higher combined with the low brim facing front causes blind spots while looking out the windshield.

Just wondering... :lol::D

E :sick:

well if the truck is run in Baja, it makes perfect sense, because you want the front higher when you yeehaw off them dirt mounds and launch your ass 10 feet in the air, having the front higher means when you land the ass lands first and you don't (normally) nose dive the truck on the landing..

however, for the asshats driving the grocery getters, it's summed up this way:

"Stupid is as Stupid does"

hope that answers it for you...

well if the truck is run in Baja, it makes perfect sense, because you want the front higher when you yeehaw off them dirt mounds and launch your ass 10 feet in the air, having the front higher means when you land the ass lands first and you don't (normally) nose dive the truck on the landing..

hope that answers it for you...

:sick::D

Now, that's funny stuff. I suppose the "asshats" desribes the ball cap position too! :lol:

Sometimes, I wonder if the Cali Lean is designed to explain why it looks like the trailers they are pulling out to the desert is way overloaded... The other day, I saw a Tundra with a three axle toy hauler. Of course, the nose end was pointed straight up! If that fifth wheel is too heavy for my truck, it is damn sure too heavy for a Tundra! :sick:

E :D

Can someone explain to me what the "Cali Lean" is for? Is there a history or even a purpose behind it?

I live in SoCal, and I swear, every truck I see around me that has a lift is lifted WAY higher in the front. It doesn't seem to matter if it is an import or a real truck, but, it seems to me that every guy that has one like that either has his ball cap on backwards, or sideways. Not that there is anything wrong with that!

:mad: .

I assume they have to have their hat on like that because the truck front higher combined with the low brim facing front causes blind spots while looking out the windshield.

Just wondering... :D:lol:

E :thumbs:

p { margin-bottom: 0.08in; } Those guys take cheap torsion lifts and blocks to the next level, it's hilarious to watch them bounce over speed bumps. It must look good to someone, and having a big truck is the bro way of life (I drank 30 beers for breakfast, 'cuz I'm a Bro Bro Bro)! It makes people think that you're involved with the local off road race events (MORE, SCORE, BITD, SNORE, etc.) or livin' the Glamis / Dumont lifestyle. It was more popular when the economy didn't suck and people could afford all of the sand toys, but people still do it.

Granted, there are many that are built correctly for pre-running out in the desert or as race chase trucks (for tools, spare tires, and etc.), but a lot of the trucks you see on the street are just that, freeway fliers. The nice ones tend to have race car numbers on the rear window instead of just the latest extreme clothing company logo plastered on the rear window. Bro trucks seem to be a socal thing, but it is spreading. Having more off roaders is a good thing, but ya got to take them out and participate in the events to keep the BLM from closing down more and more of the public land to motor vehicle use (as opposed to just complaining about it).

In the end, we'll take what we can get for more people coming into the sport, but it is rather funny to see the lifts (made with varying degrees of engineering prowess) on the street / show trucks and the people who drive 'em. That's my take... flame away, brah!

Haha Im a city boy, born n raised untill about 4 years ago. Ive always liked trucks, especially lifted ones. But I'm also a fan of tuner cars as well. IMO, nothing is better than crusing the city in a nice big truck, i just dont like mudding because i'll get my pants too dirty getting in and out.

I dont know about yall, but the people that lift there truck out here normally take them muddin and off roadin... i never thought city boys liked trucks...let alone lifted ones

I dont know about yall, but the people that lift there truck out here normally take them muddin and off roadin... i never thought city boys liked trucks...let alone lifted ones

You need to come up here for a visit. Lots of lifted trucks here, 35-40" tires just huge lifts. Thing is, unless you have a jeep or smaller vehicle you cant even go on the trails...they're not wide enough to even get on with a full size truck....and the logging trails, you can drive on them with a lowered sports car...

Its pretty much a pecker extension here. :thumbs::lol:

I've never seen so many pavement princess trucks in my life till I moved here.

i dont see much of the cali lean where i am, but i see a lot of "rednecked" trucks with chrome and 10,000 stickers and air horns all the time.

another thing i dont like, is when people have aftermarket rims that stick out about 5 inches past the fenders.. looks retarted

i dont see much of the cali lean where i am, but i see a lot of "rednecked" trucks with chrome and 10,000 stickers and air horns all the time.

another thing i dont like, is when people have aftermarket rims that stick out about 5 inches past the fenders.. looks retarted

HEY!!! :thumbs:

Archived