My Fix On My Silverado Electrical Problem

On 3/29/2011 at 2:33 AM, tmoney82 said:

Was this wire from a amp kit or is it a battery cable kit wire? Is there any different between the two as if in example, will the amp kit wire handles less current draw than a normal battery cable wire?

You can use an amp kit. The only issue I see is some of the cheaper amp kits will use aluminum strands instead of copper, make sure you stay away from those. I used to work in a install shop, you can hit them up for some left over wires/ or they would sell it by the ft. from a spool, as well as battery terminals. 

• 11 months later...

Hello and good day or at least it is for me. I have a 2011 gmc 4x4. In my case i had a host of issues as well , i am hoping this will help . I had noticed before the battery started to draining out overnight the smell of plastic burning as i parked and walked around the front of my truck. So off to my mechanic whom i have a 20 year friendship with. He found that my drain was coming from heated mirror, then established it was coming from fuse block connections itself under the hood heated mirrors grounded out to other circuts. Part's have been ordered. Will post again as soon as I get a week or two with my truck back.

Short and sweet, if ground cables work great but if you smell plastic when you walk by front of your truck, the fuse block (pannel) under the hood was the problem for me. Cost me 700 all in .

Edited by txab
merged posts

• 3 months later...