Firmware Update For Advent Gm Navi Has Been Released

Got the following note from our Advent rep yesterday. Firmware can be downloaded here. Owner's Manual Addendum is linked on our website: ADC Mobile

BTW: These guys are really proactive on this stuff - some of these fixes are things that we passed along to them less than 30 days ago and they're already fixed! In 35 years of car stereo installation, I've NEVER seen action this fast...

THIS IS GOOD STUFF!

Walt

FROM ADVENT:

We are pleased to announce a firmware update for the Advent OE-Styled multimedia systems. We've listened to the feedback from our dealers and consumers and have worked to further improve the systems and deliver an unsurpassed user experience. In addition, this update will add significant functionality and address issues experienced in some vehicles and applications.

The updates for all models are named/dated 07/20/2011.*

Please note that the files for each model are different. The correct file must be used for each model.

The files can be found in the Download tab for each model at http://adventproducts.com/oemultimediasolutions

Models Included:

OGM1 OGM1_07/20/2011.zip

OVW1 OVW1_07/20/2011.zip

OTOHIG1 OTOHIG1_07/20/2011.zip

OTORAV1 OTORAV1_07/20/2011.zip

OTOTUN1 OTOTUN1_07/20/2011.zip

OHYSON1 OHYSON1_07/20/2011.zip

OHYSFE1 OHYSFE1_07/20/2011.zip

OHOCVC1 OHOCVC1_07/20/2011.zip

OHOCRV1 OHOCRV1_07/20/2011.zip

Features Added to All Models

Please see the owner's manual addendum for operating instructions of added features.

Navigation

· Independent volume control for navigation text-to-speech and turn-by-turn instructions.

(RADIO/NAV button was removed from AM/FM Screen as it is no longer needed.)

Bluetooth

Call Management:

· Added Call Waiting and the ability to transfer between 1st call and call on hold.

· Caller ID for call on hold or second call.

· Brightened Bluetooth Send and End buttons for better visibility.

· Automatic Transfer of Ccall to handset when vehicle is turned off.

A2DP Music Streaming:

· Added EQ and Audio buttons to A2DP Menu.

Audio Playback

· Added Auto play to CD, DVD, and USB. First song will start and allow searching of song titles while playing first song. (Please note that the file structure used on some USB sticks and CDs with MP3 files may not allow autoplay of MP3 files.)

Enhancements

OGM1 Only:

· Corrects an issue whereby XM would sometimes exhibit irregular behavior on Preset stations after SXM Channel Update in May.

· Reduced the time required for door chimes to be heard at start-up of radio. This has been reduced to a 3 – 4 second delay before chimes will be heard. Due to requirements of the processor booting up this is normal behavior.

· Radio now shuts down with the key still in the ignition when in off position and Retained Accessory Power is triggered by a door being opened.

· Corrected an issue whereby some users experience no chimes or turn signals when radio was off .

· Corrected issue experienced in some applications where there was no OnStar audio if radio was muted or was turned off.

· We received some calls from customers that when they were using aftermarket cameras, the rear view camera image would show on the display as they went from park through reverse and into drive. Since the camera was engaged briefly, the signal-sensing circuit in the radio would attempt to show an image, but since the camera was no longer on, there was only a blank screen. We have removed the signal sensing from the OGM1. The camera will only display when it receives CAN data from the car indicating it is in reverse or if a separate trigger wire is connected to the harness. (Note: GM CAN will keep the camera active until reaching 3mph in forward gear – this is an OEM designed operation and cannot be changed.)

OVW1 Only:

· Corrected error where the word "Tuner" would sometimes show up on the Driver Information Center in Chinese text.

· VW has made the Diversity Antenna system available in more vehicles, therefore we will be adding an adaptor to Advent inventory during the firmware update at Advent warehouse. This adaptor will also be included in future production. (Please note that the Diversity Antenna adaptor is being added to the packaging during the firmware update, it is not part of the firmware.)

All Models:

· Corrects issue reported with some earlier model iPods, no longer supported by Apple, that would stop playing and emit white noise or static.

· Some users reported that the CNP2000UCA XM tuner was sometimes slow to connect following the latest SXM update. This update corrects that issue.

· Corrects issue where Navigation time would sometimes be 12 hours off from the Radio time.

· Corrects issue where the cooling fan would cycle on and off too frequently.

· Raised AM Audio Level 3db to match FM.

· Increased speed at which the radio would display an error message when a non-readable, incompatible, or damaged disc was inserted.

* To find the MCU, go to Menu/Settings/Info. MCU is the top item. It will have the model of the radio followed by some numbers. The numbers in the center represent the date. For example, after this update is performed on an OGM1, it will read OGM1-xx-11-07-20-xx. If the date is later than 07/20/2011, the update is not necessary.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
After the update my radio still does not turn off when the key is left in the ignition (turned off) and the door is open.

Anyone else with a 2011 still having this problem?

On a side note the other updates are great.

did you press and hold the master reset button in the setup menu after the update?

After the update my radio still does not turn off when the key is left in the ignition (turned off) and the door is open.

Anyone else with a 2011 still having this problem?

On a side note the other updates are great.

did you press and hold the master reset button in the setup menu after the update?

Yes

it works on mine. maybe try and redo the update

Just tried and still did not work. I'm going out on a limb here. I had my door locks reprogrammed at the dealership when i got the truck. Did you?

I'm sure it does not mean anything just trying to figure something out.

Thanks

Anyone else having problems with the update?? I have done the update twice and confirmed I have the new one from 7/20 but still having the same issues with XM preset buttons. Also - was the issue fixed in which that the presets would change when using your steering wheels controls? instead of toggling channels?

Also - noticed that the turn signal volume or whatever is higher once again. The original firmware that came with it had this problem. I then upgraded to the April firmware and that issue got fixed. Upgraded to this new one and it's back. This is on an '07 Avalanche by the way

I've got a 2011 Chevrolet Tahoe with this Radio.

The main issues I'm seeing once the 7/20/2011 update are as follows:

1. In the past 2 weeks after starting the vehicle and the unit turning on, no XM signal, Source is XM when it's turned on but the display is blank with no sound. Have to shut the vehicle off, open the door to turn the radio off and then restart to receive a signal. This has happend 3 times in the past 2 weeks. I've also noticed that when it's started up that the last present is not depressed so you don't know which preset you've got selected and there is no channel # on the screen with any information. It's playing the song from the last channel selected but I don't know which one that is. Have to press the presets from one to another to pick it up again.

2. When playing a song from the IPOD plugged in and you shut the vehicle off. Starting the vehicle up brings you back to the IPOD screen but the song won't continue to play. You have to wait a few seconds and then either go to the previous song or next song to get it going again. I would think that it would just continue or at least allow you to press the play button. It's not paused or anything.

3. I've noticed that when you make a phone call that at times the sound drops out once they answer and you can't hear the person on the other end unless you turn the volume up. A little irritating.

4. The onstar / bluetooth phone button on the steering wheel as it depressed at times you think it doesn't work but it's the volume. You just have to go back to the system and turn up the sound. Irritating

5. The phone book, search feature is strange. You use the keyboard and press lets say C and start scrolling down the last names list but the name I want isn't there. If I look at it in my phone it's there. Playing around with this feature I can't find some of the names. Using I-Phone 3GS. It would be nice if you could type the actual last name instead of just the first letter.

It would be nice if you could do that with any of the keyboard functions where ever you are. Not just pick the first letter but actually as you type it would display the item below so you know you found what your seeking.

The key in the ignition has really gotten me twice. Dead battery, dealership visit to find out later that I can't leave the key in the ignition otherwise the system stays on all night. Even after the update it's happened and that's when I figured that out. Radio played all night and when I opened the door in the morning I figured that the key must be removed.

I like the radio but I think they need to continue with the improvements. I really like the fact that they are addressing items too.

I"m not sure if posting these issues here will get to the right people but these are the things I've experienced.

i haven't had a single problem with my XM presets since the update.

mine has booted up with no music playing twice since the update. this happened to me a couple times before shortly after my last update, but stopped for over a month.

they did not change the function where the steering wheel controls change XM presets. i asked them about this and they basically told me its not going to operate 100% like the factory system.

the improvements will keep coming, this is a brand new model, and as with a lot of things, bugs need to be fixed... best part about it is it can be updated at home!

I was told some of the problems may never get resolved with the current operating system. They did not go into detail on the ones that cant be fixed.

It looks like the key problem is with 2011 right now. If they could fix this i can live with the other issues.

Clyde, i have experienced every problem you have. I will pass on the info you posted to my contact at Audiovox.

I was told some of the problems may never get resolved with the current operating system. They did not go into detail on the ones that cant be fixed.

It looks like the key problem is with 2011 right now. If they could fix this i can live with the other issues.

Clyde, i have experienced every problem you have. I will pass on the info you posted to my contact at Audiovox.

Thank you. It's a nice radio. Just a few things need to be worked out. I'm looking forward to the next update.

airomero83, I have the file, OGM1_11_04_11.zip but it is way to big to post here. Send me a PM if you want it. Might want to confirm you can go backwards when it comes to firmware with this unit.

Walt, thanks for posting the link, appreciate you taking the time.

I flashed my unit two days ago. So far, it seems to work ok. Still get the random long delays when navigating the menus (probably due to Windows CE OS). Is it me or did the Pre Amp outputs go up in level? I have to adjust the gain on my amp because everything is so much louder. Not complaining actually, I am glad they did it since it was too low. Just wanted to see if it was just me since they only noted that the upped the Gain for AM by 3 dbs.

I appreciate them taking the time to release it but I was hoping for some more features. I sent an message via their online system with some requests. Not sure if they plan to do them or not or if they made it trough at all. Smooney, think you could pass on a message to your contact for the following feature requests?:

1. Ability to bypass things like XM or Am when using the source button on the steering wheel since not everyone uses them (I do not use either of those).

2. With the OEM radio, for FM it was nice that when you get to Preset 6 of Set 1, hitting the next button for presents would just to Preset 1 of Set 2. When you got to P6S2, it would jump back to P1S1 and cycle all over again, be nice if the OGM did it.

3. Separate EQ settings for the different sources (long shot I am sure).

Ernie

I'm having way too many problems with this update. The previous firmware was solid for me. Does anyone know where I can get the previous firmware to reinstall? Think it was the April one...04282011?

I've got the Advent OGM1 - Went to Horizon Navigation and found that there was an update from 5.0.46 to 5.0.56 so of course I tried it. That didn't work but for some reason when I copied the original files back on the card now the navigation won't work.

Is there anyone out there that has a copy of the files that go in the root of this card?

Archived