Firmware Update For Advent Gm Navi Has Been Released

No problem, Its always great when a plan comes together :)

Thanks Chris! Adjusted the radio for the Bose system and now everything sounds like it should!

Anyone else having problems with the update?? I have done the update twice and confirmed I have the new one from 7/20 but still having the same issues with XM preset buttons. Also - was the issue fixed in which that the presets would change when using your steering wheels controls? instead of toggling channels?

Also - noticed that the turn signal volume or whatever is higher once again. The original firmware that came with it had this problem. I then upgraded to the April firmware and that issue got fixed. Upgraded to this new one and it's back. This is on an '07 Avalanche by the way

Airomero83

The station selection method is being looked at, they have not released a schedule for that change but it is in the works. Still better then Rosen where you have no category, search, or direct entry. :)

For the Turn signals and tones being loud, is your system a Bose system? If so then you need to adjust the radio for the Bose. go into the info screen and touch the letters "TH" in the word "Bluetooth". This will bring up a screen that ask's FACTORY AMPLIFIER ON OFF, select ON if you have Bose. Then exit back to the menu, turn the radio off then on again and you will be fixed.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This may not be the right thread to post this question in, but I posted in another thread and never received an answer. Will the DVD player work while the vehicle is in motion? If not, is there a work around? I'm about to pull the trigger on this unit, but I wanted to known the answer first.

CPD, I just tried it (never thought about putting a DVD movie in there until your post actually). It plays the movie great but as soon as I put it in park it cuts out to audio only. I assume it is talking directly to the CAN so bypassing it will not be easy.

Ernie

This may not be the right thread to post this question in, but I posted in another thread and never received an answer. Will the DVD player work while the vehicle is in motion? If not, is there a work around? I'm about to pull the trigger on this unit, but I wanted to known the answer first.

I believe there is a brake signal wire, I will have to look on Monday. There is always a way :)

But honestly it's not the best idea, if you get in an accident or even just stopped and it's playing up front it's a MAJOR ticket!

As an Advent dealer, I can't post that information online, but I can verify that functionality is present and accounted for. As others have said, it's not a great idea, but the unit is capable of doing what you ask. ...

If you need more info, PM me or give me a call at 253-297-4570.

Walt

www.adcmobile.com

As an Advent dealer, I can't post that information online, but I can verify that functionality is present and accounted for. As others have said, it's not a great idea, but the unit is capable of doing what you ask. ...

Walt

www.adcmobile.com

Thanks for the fast reply, I will be in touch :)

Walt

www.adcmobile.com

Thanks for the fast reply, I will be in touch :rolleyes:

Does anyone know when the next firmware / software update will be out? I'm dying to get some of the issues in which I'm experiencing fixed.

Clyde

We just got a "partial" firmware update to fix a particular audio issue, and I was told that this will be part of an upcoming firmware release, so expect one soon...

I was told that most of the delay in getting the updates out is not the writing of the code, it's certifying that the fix didn't break other things in all the models they fit. Remember, GM does not share their CAN data, so all manufacturers have to fix things almost by trial and error, and also remember that GM can change their data AT WILL, so even if they a manufacturer writes new code to fix an issue, GM can blow it up without warning...

Walt

www.adcmobile.com

We just got a "partial" firmware update to fix a particular audio issue, and I was told that this will be part of an upcoming firmware release, so expect one soon...

I was told that most of the delay in getting the updates out is not the writing of the code, it's certifying that the fix didn't break other things in all the models they fit. Remember, GM does not share their CAN data, so all manufacturers have to fix things almost by trial and error, and also remember that GM can change their data AT WILL, so even if they a manufacturer writes new code to fix an issue, GM can blow it up without warning...

Walt

www.adcmobile.com

Walt,

Thank you. Can you tell me what the audio issue is that was fixed and what other kinds of fixes might be seen in the new update when it's released? Just curious.

Im a Noob to this forum and wanted to post some suggestions / issues with the Advent OGM1. Please let me know if there is a better forum topic for posts like these.

Suggestions for product improvement:

- Include user data backup and restore of settings with firmware updates.

frustrating to have to reconfigure radio presets, xm presets, bose setting, EQ, audio etc. after firmware update

- Add current audio source data to nav screen.

currently when in nav, user is unable to see what station preset or ipod track is playing in background

- Need press and hold scrolling feature, expecially on the ipod search menu... very distracting to press the down arrow repeatedly to find song, album, artist etc..

- Vehicle Speed Sensing Audio level adjustment

the feature would mirror the factory radio to adjust volume level as veh speed increases or decreases

- Add lane selection to NAV (feature available in Navigon or iGO)

Issues:

- Steering wheel control up/down while in XM source does not jump to saved presets. Instead, it seeks to next channel. Please change this to run the XM presets. There is already a seek hard button on the HU.

- Audio cuts out everytime the album art is trying to load on the screen using ipod touch

Im a Noob to this forum and wanted to post some suggestions / issues with the Advent OGM1. Please let me know if there is a better forum topic for posts like these.

frustrating to have to reconfigure radio presets, xm presets, bose setting, EQ, audio etc. after firmware update

currently when in nav, user is unable to see what station preset or ipod track is playing in background

- Need press and hold scrolling feature, expecially on the ipod search menu... very distracting to press the down arrow repeatedly to find song, album, artist etc..

the feature would mirror the factory radio to adjust volume level as veh speed increases or decreases

Issues:

- Steering wheel control up/down while in XM source does not jump to saved presets. Instead, it seeks to next channel. Please change this to run the XM presets. There is already a seek hard button on the HU.

- Audio cuts out everytime the album art is trying to load on the screen using ipod touch

your greatest chance of actually seeing your suggestions implemented is to go here and post them directly to Advent:

http://www.adventproducts.com/support/

you have to create an account before asking them a question. i got an email back from them within 24 hours when i had issues.

I have a pretty good understanding of the platform and install them regularly just like Walt.

You have some pretty good suggestions, I know the answers to a few of them.

User data backup: - When an update is done it re-writes all of the info in the system, WinCe etc. The only thing saved is the Navigation personal settings, history, and user saved locations. The reason for this is when the system is updated it is required to re-learn the vehicle completely. As this system really just came out about 8 months ago Advent has been answering most of our concerns and suggestions but I know they want to limit updates to a very minimum because of having to do this. But basically it's like replacing your car battery, you need to reset the presets.

Add current source data to the Nav screen: The Nav software is an App, just like on your laptop. Horizon offers the UI and I think Teleatlas the data behind the map. Horizon, Garmin, Tom Tom (NNG) do not share the operation with other applications, they basically take over the radio. This is why they put in the one touch hard keys to go between NAV and Source. If you adjust the volume or station it does use the drop down menu then floats away, if it shared the screen you would loose some map space. I am not sure if I have even seen this on a OEM unit but I think it's a cool idea too.

iPod control: I will ask about this next time I call up there and see what they say.

VSS: This probably could be done on the GM platform since it pulls the CAN data directly. I am not sure if there is that data on the CAN or if you need a VSS wire. Good idea as well.

Lane selection: Again a App feature. I have never seen this in Horizon software, check out their site at Horizonnav.com maybe there is something there. BUT do not ever do an update from them unless your model is specifically listed. We learned that the hard way here :)

XM Preset search: I know for a fact they are working on that, not really a defect just the way it came out.

iPod: Make sure you have the latest firmware on your touch and your headunit. I have seen this from time to time on certain iPods. If you call Apple and your iPod is more the 18months old they tell you to buy a new iPod. They do not actually support the manufacturers of products on any iPod/iPhone compatibility issue on any item they make that is older then this. Try another iPod and tell me if it still does it. Also if you can post your iPod model number and software version I will pass that along to see what they say.

Issues:

Clyde

What "issues" do you still have?

Walt

www.adcmobile.com

Thanks for the fast reply, I will be in touch :)

Does anyone know when the next firmware / software update will be out? I'm dying to get some of the issues in which I'm experiencing fixed.

Clyde

Hey guys,

I stepped on my d**k the other day when I volunteered that there will be an Advent firmware update coming. Officially, there will be at some point in the fairly near future (I think), but I can't say when or what it will contain (because I honestly don't know). Officially though, THERE IS NO "PARTIAL" FIRMWARE FIX. Sorry to get everyone worked up.

Here's the scoop: UPDATES ARE ONLY OFFICIAL WHEN ADVENT RELEASES THEM, AND UNTIL ADVENT RELEASES THEM, NONE EXIST. Anyone on a beta team for software development knows exactly what this means.

I heard that some folks have called tech support and asked for this update, which caused some problems on Advent's end. Please don't do that, as the more grief we cause them, the less they'll listen to what we have to say. The release that we received was for one particular issue and wasn't supported through their tech department, so they were understandably confused.

In the future, we will always support this product to the best of our abilities because we firmly believe that these guys are the best, most proactive development team we've ever worked with (and it's really exciting to see our suggestions show up in firmware updates!) I don't want to cause any owners or Advent's techs any more grief, so remember that until they release one, no Advent updates exist. But keep posting your experiences - I know they read this forum... :- )

Walt

www.adcmobile.com

one more question about the 7/20 firmware for the OGM1.

Today i wanted to listen to a little college football, but soon realized i no longer had access to the the XM channels. I called XM and they said i subscribed to the correct package and also resent the satellite signal to my radio.

The XM will only go to 136 then skips to 200 range. What happened to sports channels for SEC, ACC Big Ten, etc 175-210

Archived