Firmware Update For Advent Gm Navi Has Been Released

Portsider

What happens when you hit direct entry or the channelguide?

As far as I have seen the radio only shows the data from the tuner, it really has nothing to do with how it works.

When they reset your tuner did anything happen?

I have seen XM tuners lock up or not take the downloads. The only way to get the tuner to actually reload all its channel info is to shut it down. The easiest way to do that is to disconnect the vehicle battery for about 10 min's or you could pull the fuse if your manual says which one it is.

You can refresh the tuner yourself by calling 1-855-MYREFRESH or going to https://care.siriusxm.com/retailrefresh_view.action

If it didn't react when they did it maybe you can try it again yourself.

one more question about the 7/20 firmware for the OGM1.

Today i wanted to listen to a little college football, but soon realized i no longer had access to the the XM channels. I called XM and they said i subscribed to the correct package and also resent the satellite signal to my radio.

The XM will only go to 136 then skips to 200 range. What happened to sports channels for SEC, ACC Big Ten, etc 175-210

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Portsider

What happens when you hit direct entry or the channelguide?

As far as I have seen the radio only shows the data from the tuner, it really has nothing to do with how it works.

When they reset your tuner did anything happen?

I have seen XM tuners lock up or not take the downloads. The only way to get the tuner to actually reload all its channel info is to shut it down. The easiest way to do that is to disconnect the vehicle battery for about 10 min's or you could pull the fuse if your manual says which one it is.

You can refresh the tuner yourself by calling 1-855-MYREFRESH or going to https://care.siriusxm.com/retailrefresh_view.action

If it didn't react when they did it maybe you can try it again yourself.

one more question about the 7/20 firmware for the OGM1.

Today i wanted to listen to a little college football, but soon realized i no longer had access to the the XM channels. I called XM and they said i subscribed to the correct package and also resent the satellite signal to my radio.

The XM will only go to 136 then skips to 200 range. What happened to sports channels for SEC, ACC Big Ten, etc 175-210

Thanks for the info. Here's the resolution to my XM channel issue. I called XM in the am and they refreshed my radio. I was on the highway at the time, and i assume the refresh didnt complete. I called XM again later in the day and had them refresh the radio and this time it did work correctly.

So, a refresh command from XM resolved my issue. Thanks!

• 1 month later...
I just got my Tahoe back from having this unit installed today.

I can deal with all of the little quirks EXCEPT for the elevated turn signal volume!

Does anyone know how to turn this down??

Thanks!

yours obviously has the oldest firmware still on it, go to the link in the OP and follow the instructions to update your unit! :)

Archived