2001 4 door extended cab Z71 1500...

I have a single box that fits under one side of the rear bench seat with a 12 inch pioneer. It is really to much for the truck. Sounds decent but theres just not enoug room in my opionion for a sub this big to perform how it should. In fact the audio shop used a pre fabed box for a 10" and cut the hole to fit a 12 inch speaker which I already had the speaker from a previous set up.

My question is does anyone know where I can order a dual box for this year truck that can house 2 10" subs? I feel this will allow a little more room for a better sounding system. I have searched the net but am having a hard time finding a box for the 2001 extended cab.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Maybe someone has a similar setup as to what im looking for.My brother has an 04 ford crew cab with a dual 10 inch box with MTX's and the sound doesnt even compare to mine. His sounds amazing.

I know I can get a shop to build me one but have no idea how much that would cost or even how long it would take them. Most of the places around here are crap and shady. I can order the box and do the rest myself I believe.

Thanks in advance!

What about the JL:

http://www.jlaudio.com/product/54216.103634.2094.32474.106318/Chevrolet_Silverado__GMC_Sierra_Extended_Cab_Trucks_%2707-Up

I went with the single 10" version that goes between the front seats because I didnt want to loose any room in my extended cab but if you want two 10's, this is a solid option. It aint cheap though!

Ernie

supercrewsound.com has some nice options and I just ordered one from subthump yesterday to put two 12s under the back seat. have you tried stuffing your box with polyfil? it helps a ton if your box is a little small.

Thanks for the replies.. Yeah not looking to put over 700 bucks into speakers.

Yes Sir it is stuffed with polyfil. I just think 12's are to big for such a small space but thats just my opinion.

yeah with a 12 in a box for a 10 thats got to be pretty tight. i managed to keep my parts list under 1000 so im pretty pleased with it. cant wait for everything to come in so i can get to installing.

Archived