New tire size?

latreille89

I have the Firestone LT245/70/17 stock tires and I want to get something a little beefier. I have the RC 2" level kit, just not installed yet and I'm thinking of going with Goodyear Territory 245/75/17 which are about an inch taller. Do you think they'll look good once the kit is installed? I don't want 33's since id like to keep the mileage still near stock.

Personally, I don't think they'll look much better than stock, because they're the same width. I'd go with a 265/70/17 or 275/70/17 in a P-rated or Load range C. That will look much better, but shouldn't hurt your mileage too badly. Just my two cents...

With the 2" level that size would look way to small IMO. Go with a 275/70/17 which is a 32X11" tire. You can also fit this size without the 2" level and have no rubbing under any suspension positon assuming stock backspacing on the wheels.

If you are worried about mileage do not add the level kit or install larger tires. I just went to a 275/65/18 from 245/70/17s and even after retuning for the large tires i've lost a solid 1.5mpg.

Archived