Problem with TPMS sensor

harleyboy

Hi,

this is my first question from Europe.

The TPMS on my car don't work,

i see on a display (tires sensor not work), i have install new wheels and tires with a new sensors and is the same thing, the alarm light is off, just i have message on the display.

I try some procedure to reset the system that i find here in another post, but nothing. I don't have the horn sound twice.....

The procedures that i see on this page are what i used :

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=111373

My car is a 2005 yukon Denali XL 6.0L engine and i have the key and the remote

I put the display language in french and the error is ( reparé moniteur pneus )

Thanks

You don't need to reset the TPMS, it should "just work".

The reset procedure is to link each corner to the proper number on the dash (other wise rear right might show up as front left on teh DIC).

Like SouthCo said, I'd suspect wrong sensors in the wheels.

Most tire and wheel dealers have a "scanner" that they plug into the vehicles computer port, and download the new TPMS serial numbers. The correct TPMS frequency for GM vehicles is 315MGH.

Hi, the sensors that i have, i think are the right ones, in 4 tires are oe sensors and about the new ones i bought from tirerack i have specified the model and they checked the frequency, i had the wheels and tires mounted and ready .

If the problem was the frequency, why the oe sensors don't work to ?

I don't have the horn sound twice with every method, is it normal... ? How i can get this ? Just for try ?

Other thing, i don't have any tire pressure indicated on display....

Maybe i try to do some pictures from my display for to show.

Thanks to everybody for the moment

Hi, the sensors that i have, i think are the right ones, in 4 tires are oe sensors and about the new ones i bought from tirerack i have specified the model and they checked the frequency, i had the wheels and tires mounted and ready . If the problem was the frequency, why the oe sensors don't work to ? I don't have the horn sound twice with every method, is it normal... ? How i can get this ? Just for try ? Other thing, i don't have any tire pressure indicated on display.... Maybe i try to do some pictures from my display for to show. Thanks to everybody for the moment

Did the place where you purchased the wheels and tires use a scan tool to load the information (i.e. TPMS serial numbers) of the new sensors into the vehicles computer?

If not, that may be your problem.

Ok if you are pretty sure you have the right sensors, you have to get the relearn procedure completed. The thread you used looks to be be for gmt900 trucks and yours is a gmt800. I don't know if they use the same procedure so you may want to check your manual. You may end up having to find a local shop that can do it for you with a tool. I ended up buying a tool so I can do it myself since I could never get it to work using the manual method.

I have 3 sets of oem wheels so I have to relearn the set I want to use everytime I switch up.

Maybe!

Can you tell me something about that instrument ? Where i can find this ? It's easy to use ?

I'm not sure that i can find this here in Europe, so maybe i have to buy it.....

I have some instrument that i bought in usa, but i'm not sure that have that function

Next week if i have time, i would add some pictures of what i have... for understand

I don't have a manual for instructions......!!

Per the manual, set parking brake, turn the key to run (with engine off), and then switch the headlight switch from the off to on position 4 times and the horn will beep 2x. Then start at driver front, then passenger front, then passenger rear and then driver rear. At each corner in that order let air out off or add air to the tire until horn beeps then move on to next. After the last corner (driver rear), I think it beeps again and you turn the key to off.

The tool I bought is a Kent Moore SPX EL-50448. I bought it on ebay but I believe some dealers offer them too. I don't know if it works on GMT800 vehicles though. I use it on my 2010 Sierra which is a GMT900 and the tool works great. You may have to do some ebay searching to see if it works for GMT800 and if not, what does.

Archived