Issue with heater

Bunky

My 2001 2500HD. Hasn't been heating and at first I thought I was a heater core issue but after doing some checking. The heater blows hot out the vents in the front of the dash but cooler on defrost or floor.

Anyone have any suggestions?

maybe the thing that directs the air in the back is not working right . I am interested in this topic and will lurk on it but I dont have any help for you . I am sure someone on this fourm tho will have the knowlodge you need.

Do a search on heater issues or stepper motors. My truck had heat issues and I read something about three stepper motors that control direction and the blending of heated air with cool air.

My truck needed the aspirator changed but the symptoms were not the same as yours.

Good luck

Hey guys - new to the forum - 2001 Silverado - similiar issue heater blows med warm on 2 setting any higher and starts to blow cool air... :( not good for the winter time.... recently the windshields has a tendency to fog up pretty bad...dealer says its heater core and damaged actuator door? Just had 3 actautor motors and temp selector replaced and had no effect...lookin for thoughts before I teear the dash out of this thing to replace the heater core or pony the $$$ to the dealer... :(

Archived