OGM-1/iGo DST clock issue fix due 4/12/12

I just got off the phone with Advent. As far as they're concerned this problem is fixed and I am the only one that still has an issue. They suggested that I contact iGo and work through them. Please, if anyone else is still having this issue after updating their iGo software through naviextras, call Advent and let them know. They said if they know this is still an issue for multiple users they would work with iGo to figure it out.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guess I need to call as I have the same issue. I have to set mine on Eastern and I am in Central. And yes Auto is checked in the regional settings. It very well may be an igo issue. It was fixed and then I think the naviextras update broke it again. Time is right in Nav, but changed when you go back out of Nav

I opened a ticket with iGo on 6/21 and have had no response despite further emails from me requesting an update. 99k1500, did you ever open a ticket with them?

Sorry, my lazy a$$ did not. I simply set it to another time zone. I guess I need to. It is an issue and I should do my part. I have been more worried about the Rancho Lift kit I just purchased! :ughdance:

I looked at the version of my iGo and it says it's 9.2.0.227932 and is dated 3/29/2012. That's despite three different times upgrading with their tool. We will see what they come back with now that I have a trouble ticket open with them.

I too have the time issue with my OGM1.

I'm also Central time but my clock shows Eastern time.

I've run all the updates I could find, done multiple System Resets, and even took the battery cable off overnight.

Same results.

I generally don't use nav because on my commute to work I pretty much know how to get there :) so I either listen to the radio, xm, or bluetooth.

I've opened a support ticket with Advent, and although I don't expect a response back, I still wanted to let them know it's still an issue.

Thanks all, this is a great forum.

Angry Russell

Well crap, I now have the same problem. I am in the Eastern timezone but my clock is an hour early in the OGM1 system outside of iGo.

I just upgraded my OGM1 from Navmate to the iGo Primo software this weekend and then updated to the latest OGM1 firmware (6/6/12) for Pandora. After discovering the clock problem, I updated the nav software through naviextras but it does not appear to have been corrected. As suggested, I opened tickets both with Advent as well as with iGo through naviextras.

Well crap, I now have the same problem. I am in the Eastern timezone but my clock is an hour early in the OGM1 system outside of iGo.

I just upgraded my OGM1 from Navmate to the iGo Primo software this weekend and then updated to the latest OGM1 firmware (6/6/12) for Pandora. After discovering the clock problem, I updated the nav software through naviextras but it does not appear to have been corrected. As suggested, I opened tickets both with Advent as well as with iGo through naviextras.

I'll dive back into this issue for you guys to see if something else is going on with the clock thing.

You gotta be loving iGo though, right Chad?

:thumbs:

Yeah iGo is great. I am really happy with how clean the graphics and menu system seem to be. Also the options to customize make it ideal... I watched your video on the igo system all the way through, that was really helpful.

Thanks again Walt

Here's the last response from iGo after sending them the logs they requested.

> Dear Brian,

>

> we are sorry to inform you that from the provided information it

> seems that the problem is related to the operating system of the

> device and therefore we cannot help you to solve this case.

>

> We advise you to contact Advent again with the problem. We are sorry

> for the trouble it may cause.

>

> If you have further questions, do not hesitate to contact us!

>

> Best regards,

>

> Naviextras® Support

Here's their response when I asked if they could give me any more information to give to Advent.

Dear Brian,

our navigation software sets the time based on the GPS signal. The errors that occur in the operating system of the device can only be solved by the manufacturer.

We are very sorry not to be able to help you further to solve the issue. We are not involved in the development of operating systems of devices, therefore we cannot provide you more details. We are sorry for the troubles it may cause.

Best regards,

Naviextras® Support

Am having the same problem. Also still angry about the OGM-1 camera warning on the backup screen. And I have updated the firmware today got a red warning now. I am going to the GM dealership Monday, look at a 2012 truck with the new hardrive unit, if the reverse screen does not have that aggravating warning on it where you cannot see the trailer ball, I will be ordering one pronto. I am just tired of all the small problems with the Advent OGM-1 and having to constantly update to try and make things work right. Seems like a never ending process....... I was told before buying that Advent was going to remove the reverse warning, however that never came to pass. I am just tired of having to mess with something that is aggravating, as I tow a trailer for my business on a regular basis.

I'm not sure how often you guys check your SD cards against the NaviExtras Toolbox updates, but I've recently been working on a separate iGo map update issue so I've been checking my SD card daily.

Anyway, last week there was a small "config file" update that I didn't think much of, but ever since the update came out my OGM1 time has been accurate.

Funny thing - the config file update came out right in the middle of me working with Advent support to help correct my inaccurate system time issue.... But support didn't seem to know about it (or didn't mention it in any email exchange).

I just emailed Advent support letting them know to close my ticket as my OGM1 time has been accurate since the last update came out.

Those with the time issue, try updating your SD card - hopefully it fixes your issue too.

Angry Russell

Archived