OGM-1/iGo DST clock issue fix due 4/12/12

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm happy to report they did add the pizza place near my apartment I really like. Though of course now I already know how to get there. :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

I took the truck out this weekend which I haven't done since applying this fix. Twice, I had to reset the clock. I'd say that the fix changed the behavior of my unit in that I only had to change it twice but it did not completely fix the DST issue for me.

I completed the update, but the NAV is stating File Path Not Found. When I browse the SD card from the NAV screen it does not show the MobileNavigator.exe file, but when I browse the SD card on my PC I can see the .exe file.

Need advice please.

SD Cards can go bad, try another one.

Luckily I had copied the SD card when I got the unit and saved it on my desktop. I just now copied and pasted those files into the SD card and my NAV works again. Not sure if I want to update on naviextras again.

• 1 month later...

I though the last update fixed my issue. But then I starting messing with the config file and didn't like my own changes. So I then restored from backup and updated everything. 060612 firmware and latest update. Time is still and hour off for CST. It is a NAV issue as the time is great until I go to NAV, and the time is correct in NAV but then an hour slow when I go back to radio.

iGo gets the time using the GPS signal. GPS satellites use UTC/GMT to plot location and obviously once the unit has a fix, it can figure out what timezone it is in so say you drive from one to another, the GPS will auto-correct the time. I'm not sure if the deck does too. I'll let you know next week as I have to head to Illinois.

I have no idea why the update wouldn't fix this, it did for everyone else.

I updated iGo with the latest update and the problem is still there. The only way I can get the time to work is to set the radio to Central (I'm in Mountain) and set iGo to -6. That keeps my time from changing. I'm going to call Advent today and ask since the fix seems to have corrected most everyone else's problem.

I updated iGo with the latest update and the problem is still there. The only way I can get the time to work is to set the radio to Central (I'm in Mountain) and set iGo to -6. That keeps my time from changing. I'm going to call Advent today and ask since the fix seems to have corrected most everyone else's problem.

You also need to make sure you check the auto time zone setting under the "Regional" tab in the map settings.

Archived