Ebcm

coreyf

Question

Hi there. I have some questions about how to change the electronic brake control module. I see lines going into it and not sure If I need to need out the brake lines and once I install it do I need to reset a code

12 answers to this question

Replacement is easy mechanically, remove anything in the way. remove and replace 4 screws during reassemble. Partially remove EBCM from BPMV ( enough space to disconnect the 4 connectors) Do not pry apart use gentle force. Install new EBCM by connecting 4 connectors. install 4 new screws (torx in X pattern to 39lbs/in ) and then take truck to someone with tech 2 scan tool for calibration based on tire size. I am no rocket scientist but did you change tire size and then start getting codes and ABS warning lights or did you just get lights and codes? You may not have anything broken, Let me know how it goes

They wanted $200 plus just for labor and an a diesel machanic told me easy job. If i installed it is it safe to drive before I get them to program it?

if you change it and then they program the tire size and it still has codes,they MAY burn you because you installed it

if they diagnose it and do the repair and it didnt get fixed ,YOU ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE,,

just sayin,i hope you get what i mean ,,

you need more of a breakdown of the bill if you proceed,,

did you pay for the diagnoses all ready ???? if so ,how much?

200 plus for replacing and programing ?

They charged me a $100 to look at it $300 for part then $200 For labor.. In your opinion would I be better off then to just have them do it? I have the part already and I bought it from them. And the code is "41 found ebcm"

They charged me a $100 to look at it $300 for part then $200 For labor.. In your opinion would I be better off then to just have them do it? I have the part already and I bought it from them. And the code is "41 found ebcm"

labour is to high imo,you have to find out what the shops door rate is ,thats the flat rate per hour door rate ,

remember i found 1.5 hrs for a r &r and program tires,,

at $100 /hr door rate ,thats $150 obviously

find out please what their door rate is ,,,,,its killin me ,lol

i think you did ok in the diagnoses for a $100 ,

yes i think they should do the repair,it takes any possible reason to blame you out of a bad result/diag,,just ask them the "flat rate" for the job and what the door rate is "per flat rate hour"

why not have them replace it and program the tire size ,shouldnt cost to much ,...

what was the estimate they gave for the complete job ?

what was the code?

i just looked it up ,michell on demand calls for 1.5 hrs labour including programing ,,,

i knew it ,they are trying to rip ya off,,,,

get them to show you the flat rate in the book they use,,,call them on their crap if its 1.5 like i found,

there is a flate rate guide book made by michell also

let me know how big his eyes get lol

Archived