Vibrations at 70MPH; 2011 2012 2500/3500HD

2012 GMC DENALI HD 3500 SAME PROBLEM

Have you had it looked at? If so, what did they check? Is your truck gasser or dmax?

ITS A DMAX AND I SENT IT TO THE DEALER AND THEY COULD NOT BALANCE THE TIRES BECAUSE THE CENTER HUB WAS HUB WAS TOO BIG.SO THEY SUBLET IT TO A BIG TRUYCK SHOP AND HAD THEM BALANCED.WENT CAMPING FOR THE 4TH STILL THE SAME PROBLEM.LOOKS LIKE THE PASSENGER SEAT WANTS TO JUMP OUT THE TRUCK AT 70.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2012 GMC DENALI HD 3500 SAME PROBLEM

Have you had it looked at? If so, what did they check? Is your truck gasser or dmax?

ITS A DMAX AND I SENT IT TO THE DEALER AND THEY COULD NOT BALANCE THE TIRES BECAUSE THE CENTER HUB WAS HUB WAS TOO BIG.SO THEY SUBLET IT TO A BIG TRUYCK SHOP AND HAD THEM BALANCED.WENT CAMPING FOR THE 4TH STILL THE SAME PROBLEM.LOOKS LIKE THE PASSENGER SEAT WANTS TO JUMP OUT THE TRUCK AT 70.

Yup, sounds exactly the same as my problem. I am hoping we can find a fix for it. My truck has been to three different dealers and no one has an answer except to say that the tires are balanced to within GM spec.

2011 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Short 6.0L 20' Factory Rims, same issue from new running 65+ mph. Dealer swapped out 3 of 4 tires when new and road force balanced all. No real change. I've found that towing my 34' TT (with a Equal-i-zer Sway Control-Weight Distro Hitch) or loading the bed down with various heavy loads (1000lbs +), it rides smooth as glass then. IMO, while running empty, the beefy new suspension will pickup and transfer any little road anomaly. Load it down a bit and it rides like it should. I've thought about looking into better shocks. I did however find that lowering the tire pressure to 55psi on all 4's does help. Sorry to say but just living with it for now.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 2011 2500HD 6.0 with the same problem since new...almost a year ago...I was beginning to think it was just me...I only have 4500 miles on it since last Sept as I would rather drive my 98 GMC work truck.The new one just sits

Ive been very dissappointed in this...I have tried new tires...had them balanced 3 times now...twice at the tire store and last time at the dealer along with 3 alignments, even though the problem comes from the rear...it will be going back to the dealer one more time before I decide to sell it...no sense keeping it if Im not going to drive it.I have found that it does ride better with lower air prssures, but the idiot light comes on when its cool out and goes off when its hot

At 1st I thought it was a bad tire...tire out of balance...but at times it seems like the brakes may be dragging slightly...dont know but between this and all of the interior shakes and rattles...Im about ready to go find something else.

Sold a perfectly good 04 that I had bought new...got $18,000 for it and it was paid off, so I figured why not get a new one...I miss that truck.

If I figure anything out with this , Ill surely let you all know...but more than likely, its going up for sale next week.

I have a 2011 2500HD 6.0 with the same problem since new...almost a year ago...I was beginning to think it was just me...I only have 4500 miles on it since last Sept as I would rather drive my 98 GMC work truck.The new one just sits

Ive been very dissappointed in this...I have tried new tires...had them balanced 3 times now...twice at the tire store and last time at the dealer along with 3 alignments, even though the problem comes from the rear...it will be going back to the dealer one more time before I decide to sell it...no sense keeping it if Im not going to drive it.I have found that it does ride better with lower air prssures, but the idiot light comes on when its cool out and goes off when its hot

At 1st I thought it was a bad tire...tire out of balance...but at times it seems like the brakes may be dragging slightly...dont know but between this and all of the interior shakes and rattles...Im about ready to go find something else.

Sold a perfectly good 04 that I had bought new...got $18,000 for it and it was paid off, so I figured why not get a new one...I miss that truck.

If I figure anything out with this , Ill surely let you all know...but more than likely, its going up for sale next week.

Have you contacted Customer Service regarding this issue? If so, would you please provide the SR#, so I can look into the case?

If not, please PM me so I can set-up a case for you.

I look forward to your reply.

Louis (assisting Tricia)

GM Customer Service

The trip to the dealer today pointed out that the 2" torsion bar lift voids any drivetrain issues that the truck might have.

I was advised to take it to a ring and pinion shop and have the rear axle shimmed/pinion angle reset to eliminate the issue.

How many of you with 2" torsion bar lifts have had to do this in the past? ...Ive never had too.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone have any updates or had this problem resolved. I am updating my progress on another thread on this forum. I am working with gm customer service right now and hopefully I will see some progress on getting my shaking issue resolved.

If anyone has any progress updates or found a solution, please let me know.

Thanks Steve

• 6 months later...

I HAVE A 2012 1500 CREW CAB Z71 WITH SAME PROBLEM BETWEEN 65 AND 75 VIBRATION FELT IN WHOLE TRUCK. BEEN BACK 3 TIMES NOW BALANCE , ROAD FORCE BALANCE, TIRES REPLACED, PICKING IT UP TODAY.WILL POST MY FINDINGS. BUT I HEAR SOMEONE SAY ITS THE BEST ITS GOING TO GET. THAT TELLS ME ITS PROBLEY NOT FIXED. ( SALES REP)

I have a vibration in my new 2013 Sierra 1500 SLT crew that seems similar to the issue in the HD trucks.

See my thread at: http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/150488-new-2013-vibrates-at-40mph-and-dealer-claims-normal/

Dealer now claims it is gone, but its not, so i guess its live with it, or get ready to fight a loosing battle. I definately agree with others in this thread - it seems road surface dependent...

Was hoping new tires would fix it, but it didn't.

Mine actually has this problem shakes a bit and also vibrates. I'll be dropping it off at the stealership when I leave on vacation at the end of the month. 2013 Sierra 6.2 L.. Knew I should have bought a dodge. The whole truck feels cheap. The leather, the door panels, everything. So disappointed. Never again. I've been saying it for 3 GMC's now. A 2000, 2007, and now a brand freakin new one.

Im gonna drive it till 60,000 km and ditch it.

Mine actually has this problem shakes a bit and also vibrates. I'll be dropping it off at the stealership when I leave on vacation at the end of the month. 2013 Sierra 6.2 L.. Knew I should have bought a dodge. The whole truck feels cheap. The leather, the door panels, everything. So disappointed. Never again. I've been saying it for 3 GMC's now. A 2000, 2007, and now a brand freakin new one.

I was not aware that GMC offered the 6.2 engine in the 2500HD/3500 trucks, good to know. I don't know about your "leveling kit" but if my truck had the vibration (it does not), I would not put a leveling kit on before I got the vibration fixed. Not sure why all of a sudden you feel the truck feels cheap, but that is your right.

Let me know when you get a chance to take it in. Contact me if you need anything in the meantime. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

Archived