How loud would be truck be if?

How loud would the truck be if I cut my flowmaster muffler off of the pipe and left it that way? I had dual exhaust coming from the single input dual output flowmaster muffler. The pipes rusted so much that I had to cut them off, leaving just the muffler attached. The muffler baffles will eventually fall apart themselves, if, they aren't already loose, in turn affecting performance. Would my truck be obnoxiously loud until I get time to put another muffler system on my truck? or would it damage my truck in any way?

I've been running a custom exhaust straight off of the cats (single to dual in the rear) for close to 2 years now I think. On my 06, it really isn't that loud in my opinion. I feel like it would be much louder if the pipes were a little smaller, but I feel that it would be too raspy then. Basically, I don't think too loud!

I got a lot of compliments on the 1990's glasspacks. Had a nice mellow tone, but turned naughty when you stepped on it. Absolutely no highway drone which is impressive since it ran 3k rpm at 70. Later on it put out more smoke than sound. I miss driving it. :(

Archived