Silver Lake Dune Meets

SarahsGMC

I saw you a few times. Real nice GMC you have your pics don't really do it justice. The sand was tough to ride this weekend the wind really changed it and changed it often. Hope you weren't paying too close of attention at the drag strip, I had a hell of a time shifting with work boots on and kept missing second making myself look like an idiot

Thanks! I didn't see u race I just saw u sitting there lol I raced once but there was nobody to say go... So it was lame.. We had an awesome time out there jumping the ranger.

Sent from my truck using TAPATALK

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I wish I lived closer to that place, would love to go there sometime. My truck would only be used to haul by Polaris Scrambler there though, that's what I would be riding in the dunes. I think it would be more fun anyway and much easier to get unstuck, lol. There's a place that supposed to be similar that's pretty close to where I live. St Joseph's State Park over in Missouri is about a 2 hour drive away from me. Its not nearly as big as Silver Lake but its supposed to have some dunes too but I think its only for atvs and side by sides. Might go over there when weather finally gets nicer here, maybe even around Easter. I've been to Badlands over in Indiana once but its still about a 4 hour drive from where I live. Used to go down to Land Between the Lakes down by Kentucky Lake but haven't been down there since 2008 and its still about a 3 hour drive away but it was worth it, great place to go and you see every kind of vehicle down there from a classic 3 wheeler to really built rock crawlers and buggies. The main trail is about a 10 mile loop that's pretty tame, a stock 4x4 truck can easily make it, I even saw someone taking a junk Ford Taurus around it. Its got little hills that if you hit fast enough you can jump them, the dirt bikes really fly over them.

Archived