? About clearing headlights

When I clear my headlights is taking out the orange lense all u do or do u have to buy a clear one to put in? I've read some write ups of the process but I'm still unsure of this....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927 using Tapatalk 2

Haven't looked into it for this vehicle, but it typically involves going from an amber lens to a clear lens, and replacing the clear bulb with an amber bulb. The term you are looking for when searching parts is "clear corner". A quick search came up with this product: http://www.autoanything.com/lights/61A2067A0A0.aspx. You can also get what are called 'stealth' bulbs that look clear or chrome, but light up amber.

i read on this forum a long time ago some guys were putting their lights in the oven and heating the caulk around the lens up so you can take the lens off the plastic part so you can easily remove the orange reflector. i have also head of guys sticking a screwdriver into the light hole and smashing the lens into bits

• 2 months later...

"I didnt see his truck because he didn't have a 3 inch reflector inside of his head lights." "you are right, I'm taking him to jail"

Really???

Removing the orange reflectors will violate DOT motor vehicle regulations and you could get ticketed until it is restored....just sayin'.

"I didnt see his truck because he didn't have a 3 inch reflector inside of his head lights." "you are right, I'm taking him to jail"

Really???

The heads are still reflective where the orange was and even though the parking lamps are clear there are amber bulbs where the reflector would be...

Sent from my SGH-I927 using Tapatalk 2

Archived