Gave my friend my stock CD Radio now it says LOCKED

I removed my friends stock radio on his 2011 Chevy Silverado. Installed my Stock CD Player off of my 2007 GMC.

The CD Player displays LOCKED

Is there a way to fix this without a trip to the dealer, what would they do at the dealer? Is there numbers they need off the back? Do I want to save time and get the numbers so they dont have to take the dash apart?

UPDATE

Dealer says they change the radios every year or 2 so people can't do this. Is there a technician out there who can verify this?

I hate dealing with dealerships they always seem to be uninformed when it comes to their product. It's amazing.

Sent from my Nokia 5190 using Tapatalk 2

You need to tell them they need to call GM and get a code so they can unlock it with the tech 2. Its programming. Just like programming in a dic, steering wheel controls, or power mirrors.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

I know but I'm telling you these dealerships are dumb as stumps tomorrow I'm gonna call this 3rd one which is his home dealership and tell them. I'll call gm next if they talk dumb to me.

If they don't do it often they may not know the procedure. But if that's the case they need to call GM anyhow

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

I put another stock radio in my 07. Dealer programmed it with no issues. They are fairly uneducated about their products. They evidently don't modify their own vehicles or venture outside their GM tech training.

I KNOW you have no idea I went to buy fog light kit from a dealer. Told didn't exist... Found it... Told it wouldn't work because my truck didn't have it... It did... Same thing with DIC. I'm shocked the consumer knows more than the distributor!

I know. I had a steering wheel w/ audio controls installed at the dealer and was told they didn't work. They did!! Evidently he never even tried to use them. He installed them and assumed they didn't work. Astounding!! They should spend more time on this forum.

Archived