Problems with my 4x4

Hello, I have been having a problem with my 4x4 and so I took it to the dealer. After 2 weeks they can not figure out what is wrong. They changed a encoder motor but could not clear the computer code.

Now they tell me that because I had a clifford alarm system installed that is causing the problem some how.

Here is what is going on: I own a 2007 GMC 3500 Sierra classic with duel wheels in the rear with the turbo charged diesel engine. Both batteries went dead and I had to replace them. Also I had a snow plow installed and after the guy installed the snow plow I got the " service the 4x4 " error message.

even after changing out the encoder motor the dealer could not get the code to clear in the computer and it caused the 4x4 to stop working again. It does work in 2 wheel drive but that doesn't help much as I live in Alaska and need th 4x4 to work. I have been living in las vegas and just moved here so I never used the 4x4 in my truck. It has about 68k miles on it. Not much for this truck.

Would the battery going dead have anything to do with the problem: Will the ECM also cause problems with my 4x4 or encoder motor operation? And would it need to be reprogramed to work right again?

put it back to factory and go to a different dealer ..

no programming after a sensor replacement is needed ....

code not going away could be a bad sensor install or bad sensor ....

process of elimination ....and a competent tech

It's a classic 2007. Well, when it goes into 4x4 operation, it just goes back out by itself and still they can not clear the code from the computer. The tech 2 can not connect to the computer! It appears to be dead and can not be used. I went out and purchased a cheap code reader 90.00 and sure enough it would not boot it up or read anything off the computer with truck key on or running. It just keeps getting the same error. Well, they have the truck another day and then lets see what they say as the guy that installs remote starts will be looking at it to see if the clifford remote start is causing the problem.

I think that it might have something to do with the connection at the Tech 2 connection or the computer itself. But what do I know right!

I'll post after they take another techs time and look at it.

i am not sure about cheap code readers ,

can they read TCCM codes ? IDK

Ok I took my truck to a outfit that does alarms and such. The guy that owns it has worked on it for 3 hours today and still can't find the problem, but did discover that my switch for 2 wheel to 4 wheel was bad, he also found a resistance on my wires and will take apart or take out the main wire harness tomorrow to see if one of the wires is cut or open. He says that the guy that installed the plow used way too many wires and put there through the fire wall and this concerns him. So, I gave him the go ahead to check the wires to find out what is going on. It's a lot of work that I can not do, but when he figures out what the problem is, I will post the results here for all to see.

Archived