Hi all new to the site ... I have a 96 suburban 4x4 with the 5.7. I just got the truck and it was missing realy bad, so i put cap rotor wires and plugs on the engine. It runs alot better but i still have a skip . so i put a fuel filter and new breather filter in it, i also split a can of seafoam between the oil and vacuum system using the brake booster to suck it in . after abut an hour i started it up , smoked the next few houses out ... still have the skip , i have been driving it around and have about 50 miles on it and change the oil and filter .. I still have a small skip. anyone have any ideas what it mite be. I just ordered a 6" lift for it so if i have to pull any thing I will have the time.

The timing is computer controlled,Make sure the cap is sealed properly could have moisture in the cap these motors are known for that as well as intake gaskets.Mine has a bad miss on some real damp days.I might throw a bead of silcone around the base of the cap.it could very well be a beat disturibotr gear.

• 2 weeks later...

I had this same exact problem mine was the dist. Cap that was less than half a year old the guy that put it in didn't have it on tight so it didn't seal, so I took it off cleaned the inside out and put it back on tight. I also made sure all my wires were tight and sprayed a coat of wd40 on the wire connector parts to get any water out. I also always wondered why they didn't put a gasket on these or something, I think the silicone idea is a good idea.

Did you ever straighten this out?if not i had the same problem and it finally gave out it was the disturbtor gear,I replaced the whole assembly 155 bucks.And its running stronger then ever.

Archived