Exhaust leak

I have noticed an exhaust leak on my driver side manifold where it connects to the downpipe. How bad is it to leave it alone for now? Obviously, if it gets worse Im gonna fix it. But, if its ok to leave ita lone, and wont hurt anything on the engine, I will just leasve it alone for now. It seems like it just needs a new gasket, but it may be a while before I can get the stuf and the time to fix it. I just need to know if its something I can wait and fix meself, or something that has to be addressed now and take to my mechanic.

i went a few months with an exhaust leak with no issues. wasnt getting any smell just making a slight ticking noise

Thats all its doing as far as I can tell. With the body lift I get plenty of air around it to evacuate any fumes, and its leaking outward, and not blowing on anything.

you'll be fine my truck has to pretty bad exhaust leaks from the guy who did my exhaust and a crappy job, and i was still able to pull 15~ mpg with it! So now i got to pay someone good to redo the whole thing and im just going to true dual it with no cats or mufflers

• 1 year later...

I had an exhaust leak and finally decided I needed to put a fix to it. I looked into the issue online and came across this link

I bought a bracket for the driver's side and it has worked great. I would highly recommend looking into their website at kralautoparts.com if you are experiencing the same problem!

Archived