Engine Noise in Speaker

HELP - new to this forum, read several posts on the topic but can't find me exact complaint or fix.

I have an '05 Silverado with the Bose stereo, as I was driving down the highway today - the passenger front speaker started to crackle over the music, shortly after I now have constant engine noise / whine through the PS Front speaker. With the ign off / radio on, it goes away. When the truck is running, it's contstant noise and goes up / down with RPM. I'd really appreciate any feedback on this of where to look. I'm stumped because it's only one speaker - not the whole system. Stereo still sounds good, that speaker is still good sound wise.

THANKS!

OK - removed door panel, consol and checked amp, speaker and everything looks OK. I feared something might have spilled and got on teh stock amp, but no problem found. I disconnect the alternator hot wire, the whine goes away. All grounds that I can see are in good shape. Again - I appreciate any ideas.

Had a similar problem on my last truck with a whole system put in. Never was able to trace it, but it is a bad/insufficient ground somewhere in the system. Since it is just one speaker, it's probably got to do with the speaker wire or that particular channel's RCA.

Archived