Here's a question for you VA members, about emmissions

Alright, so I think in the next month or so I'm going to buy some long tube headers for my truck and buy an offroad y pipe that hooks up to it so I don't have to take it to an exhaust shop to get it chopped and fitted. Anyways, what I'm getting at is that my truck is registered in Fauquier and they do not require emissions so I figured I could drop my cats. But I heard somewhere that even for a VA state inspection, your vehicle has to have catalytic converters in order to pass, or is that just BS? If I have to have cats, then I'm not going to get long tubes because that will just choke them back up and waste $500

If your truck is registered in a county that does not require any emissions testing, then you are ok to remove the cats, just remember that you will need a tune or you will have a check engine light for the rear post cat o2 sensors not connected,

Yeah I just uninstalled my tune last night to update the tuner and I re installed it this morning and now the coolant temperature constantly reads -40 degrees Fahrenheit. I think I might be going with a different tuner here soon when I get those headers. One that can actually turn off the o2's and stuff like that.

Archived