Will swapping these accessories still work?

wow you dont see to many GMT800 1500's with 4.10s stock... good find

Yeah, they are pretty common in a lot of the 06-07 Classic models, but not many others. Im not sure why they didnt put them in more of the earlier, or later models. Word is they wont even be offered in the 14s.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, one question about the steering wheel. Can I use the old airbag with the new clock spring, or are those code-matched in the BCM like the radio and other stuff?

Basically, heres whats going to happen. Im gonna take the wheel out of my o5 and put it in my 07, then put the 07 wheel and clock spring in the 05. DO I need to keep the clock springs and airbags paired, or can the 07 airbag go back in the 07 truck, with the 05 clock spring? Does that make sense?

I never changed air bags. New clock spring and steering wheel but old 2004 airbag. Either way man, you have to get it programmed at the dealer. Just use the 07 air bag with your 05 wheel and clock spring.

In other words treat the air bag like medication. Only to be taken by the person it was prescribed to.

You can't go wrong that way

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Yeah, Ive already called the dealer to make sure they can do it. I just wanted to make sure the original airbag could stay in the 07 since the 05 has a painted emblem on the airbag to match the red body. I didn't want the red emblem in the blue truck.

BTW, the dealer quoted me $40 to program everything, and if it doesn't work Im off the hook for any payment. Im not sure if he knows for sure, but Im dern sure gonna try my hardest to old him to that.

Hell if he doesn't hold up his end its only $40. Is that for both codes to do the radio controls and the IPC

From what I understood. Im just hoping he holds with the $40 and doesn't hit me with a bunch of other charges.

So, whats the best way to pull the wheel. I have a puller, but there isn't anything for it to thread into. Do I need a special type of wheel puller?

Worst case you pay for 2 programmings since its 2 different things being programmed

So, whats the best way to pull the steering wheel. I have a puller, but there isn't anything for it to thread into. Do I need a special type of wheel puller? I need help on this one ASAP.

Well, good news and possibly not so good news.

Good news is that I was able to swap the seats with minimal issue. I did have to unpin the plugs on the seat side and swap them from one seat to the other, but once I got them changed over, everything worked great.

Not so good is that I took the truck in to the Chevy dealer today and they tried programming the buttons and couldn't figure it out. They were saying that GM didn't want to give up the codes to allow them to add accessories like that unless the parts were bought through them using GMs aftermarket company. So, I took it to the GMC dealer and they wont be able to get to it till Wed or Thurs.

So, Im wondering what exactly I need to tell the service manager that he needs to do to make it work. All I could remember was that there is a code that needs to be programmed into the BCM and into the IPC (I think).

What exactly is the code called (one guy mentioned something about a V?? code) that they need to retrieve from GM, and what do they need to do with it? Im hoping they know what they are doing, but if not, I want to give them a step-by-step series of actions that need to be taken.

I just told them I need this sh*t reflashed so it works, I added this and this(sterring wheel/clockspring) and the BCM and IPC need to be flashed to accept the changes

These dealers crack me up. I love how they make these excuses about not reprogramming things because their pissy you didn't pay through the nose for it through them. Then they wonder why people call them stealerships. :rolleyes:

Well, I just heard from the dealer, and he said that my radio and dash cluster is not compatible with that code option. He said he couldn't get any communication between the components. Is it possible that the cluster doesn't have the ability to be programmed to accept a full DIC. I know the one I have in my 05 still shows two different trip meters even though the steering wheel has been removed, and the 07 only shows one trip meter. But, the 05 is programmed to accept the steering wheel as well.

Im seriously wondering if its worth all this headache.

I have a 2500 HD 6.0/4L80E LS/SLE cluster that did not come with DIC. It was programmed fine

Archived