Will swapping these accessories still work?

07 software is different from the 05 and below. They dropped the 2 trip meters.

I've had an 07 reflashed to an 04, just to gain a few features that were dropped. Spedo rebuilders can handle the flash for IPC software. The radio part is a different animal. If your buttons are not working properly sounds like that will need to be cleared up. You may need to track down another dealer that is familiar with what you're doing

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That explains why they were having problems. I think its getting to be more work than its worth. Im spoiled to the buttons on the wheel, but mostly just the volume and MPG on the DIC. I didn't really use any of the other features. Ive called every dealer within a 50 mile radius, and they all said the same thing, "We wont know for sure unless you bring it in and we hook up to it." I cant afford that much driving, so it may just be an option that I will have to live without.

I lived without all the toys in my new truck whenever I drove my old one, and I still manage to live without them when I'm driving something else (work truck, machinery). And don't forget about that Scanguage, it will do every MPG figure imaginable, trip cost, intake temps, etc. One of my favorite things on the truck. :jester:

my old 03 burb had the DIC and volume controls and whatnot. I went over to another 03 truck that didnt have the controls and it sucked not having them but you have to adapt

No, because then Ide have to have it reprogrammed to correct for the miles, on both trucks. I just wont worry about it for now, and if I decide later that I cant live without the DIC or radio controls, I will try again later. I just need to get the 05 put back together and get it sold before my next insurance payment is due.

Archived