Ram: Getting what you paid for.

'01LS1

I did NOT read the entire thread. Did the usual first two then the last. But this is going to be interesting...

My new Ram 1500 Laramie 5.7 8-speed Crew 4x4 has some issues, the box is very crooked, off to the right by well over an inch, on one side in the mirrir I can see a large part of the fornt of the box, on the left I can't even see it.
Have some vibrations at 55 up.

Hears the BIG one, I bought this to tow my boat, I hooked onto it today and it wouldn't pull worth a crap, my buddy has almost the same truck with the same 3.55 gears I ordered this one with, he pulls a larger boat than me and says it pulls it nice. I decided to crwl under it and look at the gear tag, Holly crap it says 3.21 on both fornt and rear!!! my order sheet, the window stick both say 3.55. . . so I jacked up the rear and I also don't think it has the limited slip rear I paid for, when I turn one
tireicon1.png the other turns backwards, I think that means to posi.

I just turned 1400 miles on it. . . I'm thinking at this point I just want a different truck!! what else is hosed up on it. . . crooked box, vibration, wrong gears, no posi, the truck has no power and I have only been getting 14.5 MPG driving it easy on highway and city combo.

I didn't think 3.21 was even an option on that truck???

Any thoughts????

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=139406

& really?

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?p=1084669#post1084669

FWIW, not bashing Ram with the above links, but this is for those who swear the grass is greener elsewhere.

I'd say he got a lemon. Can happen to any brand, any truck, maybe even a few trucks within one brand. With that being said this sounds like a few of those workers that were drunk on the job put this truck together. :lol:

I have no doubt in my mind that a GM dealer would sell a truck different than the order sheet, I also have no doubt in my mind that a one Ford would as well.

Some dealers are scum or just plain incompetent, that's why I'm glad I've gotten smart enough to know what to look for over the years.

That guy with the wrong axle has just cause for a lawsuit if they don't give him what he paid for.

The one about the 800 or so pound of cargo and people is a joke.

I kind of want to go to a RAM dealer and look at one then find one with that sticker and point at it and ask if he thinks thats a fair wieght for 5 passengers and gear in a pickup truck, in fact I will do that at the end of the week when I'm off!

I have no doubt in my mind that a GM dealer would sell a truck different than the order sheet, I also have no doubt in my mind that a one Ford would as well.

Some dealers are scum or just plain incompetent, that's why I'm glad I've gotten smart enough to know what to look for over the years.

That guy with the wrong axle has just cause for a lawsuit if they don't give him what he paid for.

The one about the 800 or so pound of cargo and people is a joke.

I kind of want to go to a RAM dealer and look at one then find one with that sticker and point at it and ask if he thinks thats a fair wieght for 5 passengers and gear in a pickup truck, in fact I will do that at the end of the week when I'm off!

Exactly on the dealer side, but never heard of a major mfg. doing this. Also, there were more owners finding this than just the one post above. If it was a one off instance, would not have been worth posting over here.

It does make one wonder the integrity of decisions a mfg. has to make in the wake of short or missing parts from suppliers? Shut down the line or build with what you have.

As far as the second link, never looked at the door sticker when test driving one, so curious what you find Darren. Have read the higher trim levels is where the lower numbers are.

Those payload figures are pathetic. As for the gearing issue, I'm not surprised. Chrysler clearly doesn't have quality controls that can handle the improved sales/production of key models. A year or two ago when they began offering the Wrangler with body color flares there was a rash of Wranglers that were shipped out with obviously mismatched flares (is one black flare on an otherwise white Jeep). I mean how do you miss crap like that?

Archived