Tailgate Up or Down - Here is your answer brought to you by GMC

On a somewhat related note I hit the carwash at 3:30 this morning on the way to work to spray off all of the leaves and debris from last night's storms(no hail damage thank God) so that I wouldn't get leaf prints baked into the black paint on a sunny day today, and when I got to work had some cool swirls on the tonneau from hitting the freeway for a two mile stretch. There were several curved lines coming off of the cab at the corners and they slowly curved in toward eachother about halfway back on the tonneau. I went with the hard cover this time because I noticed on my Vmax that my Access Lorado would kind of bubble up at the rear window and get a little concaved in front of the tailgate at highway speeds. It was an awesome cover, but I figured that I might go just a little faster in this truck. I think both styles are a big benefit, and have noticed since installing the lazerlite that the truck is much quieter on the highway. Now if I could only find where that whine is coming from...

Besides, I couldn't find a good baja spare tire mount to go with my tailgate net...

Archived