Nav Unit  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hey what would you guys recommend, a factory nav unit or the Kenwood DNX890HD. I also want to get a back-up camera soon and I believe they would both be plug and play. I really like the look of the factory nav because of the clean look, but I don't think the Kenwood looks bad at all. Let me know what you guys think.

i have the old kenwood 6160 in my wifes car and the OGM-1 in my 2010. I am very happy with the OGM-1

To be happy with factory, I would also have to look at a lockpick for it as it is a PITA to put it in park to use NAV. Or at least that is what my friend has to do with his 2013 Denali.

I really like the OGM-1 maps. Everyone is very happy with Walt, or at least that is what I have read and also my own experiance.

I actually already pulled the trigger on the Kenwood. I decided that if I ever sell the vehicle I will just put the old head unit back in and take the kenwood with me. Where can I get a lockpick for one of these?

Anyone have a tip on how to install the Kenwoods? The place in the nearest town here won't do it because I didn't buy it from them even though my family and I have dropped probably close to $10,000 at the place, great customer service right?

I have a 2009 Sierra Denali and I have the Kenwood DNX890HD in my truck. You will need the PAC OS-4 databus module for seamless integration into your stock wiring system and the PAC SWI-RC for the steering wheel controls. You will also need the Metra 95-3305 In-dash Receiver Kit. If you get the PAC OS-4 then you won't need to get the antenna adapter since one comes with it.

Here's some crappy cell phone pics.

IMG_20130520_021014_088_zps3c787049.jpg

IMG_20130521_184644_405_zps58dc42f0.jpg

• 2 months later...

I have a 2009 Sierra Denali and I have the Kenwood DNX890HD in my truck. You will need the PAC OS-4 databus module for seamless integration into your stock wiring system and the PAC SWI-RC for the steering wheel controls. You will also need the Metra 95-3305 In-dash Receiver Kit. If you get the PAC OS-4 then you won't need to get the antenna adapter since one comes with it.

I just ordered one for my 2008 Silverado LTZ. Did you have any issues with the depth of the Kenwood and the rear of the dash opening? I am concerned the cables on the upper half of the unit might hit the back plate.

John

Have you compared what the price of the Kenwood with all the wiring harnesses would be to and Advent OGM-1?

No, I did not know about that one until I saw your reply. Information for it is hard to find and I never did see a posted price. I have been using Garmin GPS's for years and I like the interface. Not sure how the Advent OGM-1 GPS compares.

Kenwood is already shipped and only one adapter is needed (less than $75). I don't care about OnStar and XM but I do want the chimes and steering wheel control.

I am thinking about using the OnStar GPS antenna and microphone instead of installing the parts supplied with the Kenwood. I need to wait for the Kenwood arrives to determine if I need any adapter for the OnStar GPS Antenna (SMB connector) and what type of connector is used for the Kenwood microphone (I am guessing a 2 circuit 3.5mm jack).

John

I have a ogm1 in my truck, and a Kenwood 9990hd in my car. I like the navigation of the Kenwood Garmin.

That being said the interface for everything else radio controls ect is far superior on the ogm1

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 4

Archived