Made and Installed LED Nerf Bar step lights

Made and Installed LED Nerf Bar step lights today. They come on when you hit the remote with the inside lights. Tell me what you guys think?

LED Step Lights 2

LED Step Lights 1

LED Step Lights

Ok Here are the lights i used. They are water proof. I tested in water for days and did not leak.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009TB9UPW/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And here is where I got the wire to connect to for the inside lights. They are two gray wires in there either seems to work. Look for picture in post shows which wires.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/118410-interior-lights-under-dash-gmt-900/

• 4 months later...

I did something similar a while back. I live down a dirt road. When we get any type of precipitation, the roads get quite nasty. I didn’t want my lights getting covered in mud and dirt all the time, so I mounted mine directly to the bottom of the door. It worked out very nice. When the door is closed it is protected from the elements. Since it is mounted to the bottom of the door, it was super easy to power it from the light that is already mounted in the side of the door panel.

Here are the lights I used. They come with 3M two sided tape. All you have to do is peel off the protective layer and push them firmly against the door. The wires can then be hidden, and connected behind the door panel. Simple, clean, and bright.

th_IMG_3682.jpg th_IMG_3686.jpg

Archived