Engine Code P1416 Still Comes Back

OldCrLvr

Question

Hello All,

My '00 Silverado in my Signature is still having issues with the P1416 Code. I was told this was the Drivers Side so that's where I have concentrated. We are down to 1 income at the moment so I have not touched the Pass. Side.

Here is what I know/did: The air pump does come on so we know it's working. The check valve was bad so I replaced it. The light came back on a week or two later. So I was told by a GM Tech to replace the pre cat O2 sensor. The code came back a couple weeks later. I then replaced the after cat O2 sensor. This time the Code came back a month later.

This system is pretty simple. What am I overlooking?

7 answers to this question

That's odd because it is telling me 1416 is Bank 1. Thank you for the PDF's. I'm on my phone and can't review them so I'll have to review them later. With out reading the info looks like I will need to swap out the pass side check valve.

P1416 2000 CHEVROLET SILVERADO 1500 V8 5.3

Air System Bank 2 Fault

– During the AIR system test the ECM looks for a change in the O2 sensor voltage- No change was detected

Probable Cause

1. AIR pump electrical circuit fault
Blocked AIR system Failed AIR pump

There's the issue right there. I was looking at the wrong side if 1416 is in bank 2 not 1. I am using my tuner to read the code. I should have borrowed my Pop's scanner instead. Thank you for your assistance!

Just from reviewing the tech info (I personally have never seen the system) P1416 is for bank 2. I am assuming that is the passenger side. P1415 would be for bank 1. Here's some info that might help out.

AirInjSys.pdf

P1416.pdf

AirInjSys.pdf

P1416.pdf

AirInjSys.pdf

P1416.pdf

AirInjSys.pdf

P1416.pdf

Archived