1996 Silverado z71 wont start bg turn of key Please help !!&#3

96z71limehouse

Question

Hi. I have a 96 z71 Silverado 5.7 vortec I can't seem to get running by turning the key all the way the blower moter for my air relay clicks when I turn the key when I hit the electric seat button the lights in the truck go off and I hear another click from somewhere else I do not know where that one is coming from r why it is doing that etc. So I have replace the safety neatrul switch the ignition and actuator A/Trans shift lk control under the dash that connects to the shifter oh yeah and the blower motor relay which I mentioned urlyer. And all my relays and fuses r reading on on my vom meter OK now to the nitty gritty when I take a scrap piece of wire and send the yellow wire on the ignition to ground with the key turned on the truck cranks up . Also when I send either side of the the crank fuse to ground the truck cranks up. So I do not know what the prob can be can somebody please help me thanks.

4 answers to this question

Some punctuation would be a good start. :nonod:

+1

I'm not going to spend time trying to decode that. Too many misspelled words and no punctuation makes it extremely hard to decipher.

Have you checked to make sure your battery terminals are clean and tight? Make sure the battery is fully charged. I would then start investigating your starter.

I had a dead spot in my starter and the truck wouldn't even click. I also replaced my positive lead going to the starter.

If you're getting a click from the starter then I would think it is either a bad connection or wire.

Archived