Replacing Rear Bumper End Cap

BradsZed

Question

Hey guys,

Hopefully this is an easy fix, but then again things never go as planned. My 2010 Sierra had a small dent in the passenger side rear bumper end cap (the chrome piece). The dealer wants around $400 bucks to replace it including parts! I bought a new one online for $70 and was going to "try" to replace it myself.

My question is, before I remove the old one, what are the specific fasteners I would need, or if anyone has ever done one before what is the best approach to do it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2 answers to this question

its not a hard job but you will need the right tools , once you have the plastic pad off there is one 13 mm bolt on the underside as well as I think 6 1/4" rivet's holding the chrome piece on , you will either have to grind the heads off the rivets or drive the centre of the rivet through so you can drill it out ( don't try drilling without taking the centre out won't work ) then to install the new one get some new rivets or you can try some 1/4" carriage bolts to hold it on . The 1/4" rivets need a big rivet gun a little one won't do it

Archived