speakers need a changing

so i need to replace all four 6 1/2's? in my truck, i've been slowly hearing the rear speakers go out almost simultaneously and now my fronts are slowly going out. I was looking at some component speakers but im not sure which one's would sound pretty good on the stock head unit. im looking to find something that will sound good and have pretty decent bass like the oe's use to have, now i know i would have to get an aftermarket head unit and maybe a good little amp to get the best sound out of the speakers. so again i just want some personal experience input what speakers might work? i have a 07 1500 classic silverado crew cab. thanks for any input! :help::ninja:

I went with Alpine 6 1/2 Co-Axials in the doors. Bass is just okay. I wanted more so I put in a double 12" under seat box in back of my extended cab. That has made all the difference. I changed the head unit to a JVC double DIN 10 inch touch screen DVD and just use the internal amp. 15 watts per channel is enough to drive those woofers just fine. I do have a 600 watt rear amp still in the box that just isn't necessary. I do suggest adding tweeters to any truck cab at drivers listening height. GM did at the "A" pillars on some Bose system trucks. That helps the high end a bit.

• 3 weeks later...

I like the polk DXi's Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4

I went with Alpine 6 1/2 Co-Axials in the doors. Bass is just okay. I wanted more so I put in a double 12" under seat box in back of my extended cab. That has made all the difference. I changed the head unit to a JVC double DIN 10 inch touch screen DVD and just use the internal amp. 15 watts per channel is enough to drive those woofers just fine. I do have a 600 watt rear amp still in the box that just isn't necessary. I do suggest adding tweeters to any truck cab at drivers listening height. GM did at the "A" pillars on some Bose system trucks. That helps the high end a bit.

Thank you guys for the input I'm just about ready to buy new speaker

Archived