4L60E won't budge

shobri

Question

2001 Silverado V8 5.3 had a bad transmission. I purchased one from a junkyard. It was (supposedly) tested and working.

Installed today, filled fluids, etc. and now it won't budge.

I checked to see if the pump was working by disconnecting the cooler line and had good pressure and fluid flow. I assume that this means that the torque converter is installed properly since it's running the pump.

No CEL, no leaks. Fluid level is correct.

THe only thing that I'm unsure of is the routing of the fluid lines. Does the top port on the trans go to the top of the radiator? The drawing I have is confusing. Don't know if crossing the lines would have anything to do with it not moving, but I figured I'd ask.

Any ideas?

I replaced the transmission because on the way home from a trip one of the cooler lines broke and i lost all my fluid. I didn't notice in time and damaged the trans. only had 1st and 2nd gear.

The truck is 2wd. The junkyard gave me a 90 day warantee on the trans. If you think it's trash, I'm happy to get rid of it. I hate the idea of doing all that work again, but this is killing me.

Just a long shot but is the electrical connection on the passenger side of the tranny connected properly? I'm not sure what would happen if it weren't connected properly.

Will it roll in neutral with the engine off?

I would say junk tranny. Its a 2wd so aint hard at all to pull it

+1 on the electrical connection. My harness was pinched inside and kept blowing the fuse and didn't show anything on the display in the gauge cluster. Only drove in 3rd gear as well. I guess it would be considered limp mode

Edited by rdnckhntr94

The torque converter I got with the trans did not fit the flywheel. I purchased a TMBX torque converter (new) that matched the original trans I had.

Spoke to the junkyard where i got it from and he claims that the trans is good, and the torque converter I got was wrong. If the one he sold me didn't fit, and the TMBX does and the trans is pumping fluid, does he have any valid point here?