UPDATE ON DEALERSHIP WHO "SAID " THEY DID A PERFECT BALANCE&#3

update update update! so many of you remember that the dealership put new wheels and tires on my 2014 GMC All Terrain, and then it vibrated and rattled. Many of you concluded that it was a bad balance and the dealership " tire guy " swore he balanced perfect and that it was a bad tire or wheel. I took it to a local recommended tire shop and sure enough it was a bad balance. I CALLED THE DEALERSHIP AND TOLD THEM THE SITUATION, TOLD THEM HOW MUCH IT COST TO FIX THE ISSUE AND THEY REIMBURSED ME THE MONEY, RIGHT THERE ON THE SPOT. I SHOWED THEM THE RECEPT AND THEY GAVE...ME ... THE .... MONEY BACK I SPENT TO FIX THE ISSUE! YOU ROCK GWATNEY GMC!!!

Glad it is fixed! You did what was needed. Dealers are not good at balancing a tire.

Like I said in post # 91 on vibration thread, may not correct all problems but may help some...also recommend dumping OEM tires:

Just take it to a good tire shop and have them jack up the rear and run the tires at 30 or so and they can tell if tires have straight tread and if far out of round. Hopefully you can find a shop that can then high speed balance on the truck. Trueing would help more too but hard to find.

If you cannot find such go to discount tire or other good shop that does road force balance and have them check the balance. If out pay for a balance. tell them to rotate the tires on the wheel 180 if too much weight required.

Trust me, most dealers have little experience properly balancing a tire. If you get a good balance and the tires are not way out of round and still have problems, THEN go back to dealer.

Archived