Snow CHECK!!!

cowboy02

So how much snow did everyone get out of last nights snow?

We got only 1/4" around our house more up towards Fort Collins.  If you all haven't figured me out yet you know that this was great hunting weather........  We'll the wife decides to tell me at 3:00 that we were going to the movies with friends.  Then she informs me we are going to watch CHICAGO!!  :cheers::wtf: We'll you could tell I wasn't happy.  Although the movie was good, on the way I watched numerous flocks of geese fly so low I couldn't nabed them out the window  :lol:   So my quest this week is to "HARVEST" a goose.

Thanks  let me know on the snow........

we got dump on in Boulder, but that was yesterday and last night.  right now it is sunny out and all the trees are dripping.  If it is like any other day after, most of the snow will be melted by sun down

Sucks on the hunting thing dude.  I really need to try goose hunting one of these days.  Sounds like fun.

Accumulation varied from about 2" at thinnest spot on driveway to 9-10" on the north side of a shrub, where the side walk is, of course!  Probably 4" most places.

Already got all the goose I want to eat for awhile...like you said, they were flyin low! :smash:   I haven't been to a movie theater in more than a year...it's just too big a hassle with the 2 boys and school.  If I did go I'd probably  :smash:

• 1 month later...

Well we got the big dumping last night...............

Where I live at we got around 6"  To the west around Fort Collins they got close to a foot or more........  The drive in this morning from the east to Fort collins was  great.....

No problem for the truck and even got to play in the mud on the way..........

I realized 1 thing today........  FIRESTONE tires S**K.....

Need to get some BFG's..  The Highway tires make it a little sloppy side to side.

Oh Yes we have SNOW!

Started with a little over an inch of rain in the guage on Monday and didn't stop till we had 23" on the level in the yard.  On the north side of the shed (which is the side with the doors) it was piled right up to 6'...guess where the snowblower was? :chevy:

Ran the blower for about 5 hours until the belt that drives the auger broke...then moved it one scoop shovelful at a time until dark...I'm a bit sore.

The good news is that the old '91, with 4 snows on  and about 1,000# in back did a fine job of breaking trail yesterday morning, and of getting me to work today...only 15% of us made it in...I may have the only 2WD vehicle in the parking structure!

Heaviest snow I've ever shoveled...and that includes the May blizzard in '83.  The news guys were funny...acted like it had never snowed in Colorado before. :flag: Anyone who was here in '82-'83 or '83-'84 has seen more snow...maybe not all from one storm, but it snowed at Thanksgiving '83 and there were still snow piles on the north sides of things on graduation day in June...this'll probably be gone by Monday.

Archived